1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Could this be my new thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mrs Dependable, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Mrs Dependable

Mrs Dependable Peer Supporter

I have had great results following dr Sarnno's advice with severe neck pain and my tinnitus which plagued me is bothering me less. I'm waiting hard on Steve Ozaniche's book, should be arriving soon.
    Now I'm having a problem with one of my molars, been to and fro to the dentist and on my third lot of antibiotics to clear an abscess. I'm trying not to obsess about it but the abscess just won't go, I'm constantly thinking about it. Now because I'm over reacting to it I'm thinking is this my new tms thing

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

In my opinion what its worth, I'm pretty sure its tms. I had the same thing with some teeth work. I didn't have a absess but sometimes when things don't heal such as infection its due to a decrease immune system. If you were like me I was constantly in a fight or flight mode which will keep your immune system suppressed. I was constantly preoccupied by some pain, obsession, or phobia (which are the culprits of tms, FEAR).Once I treated my tooth problem as tms it went away. The older I get the less I know but take it for what its worth, your OK and your body will heal. As the old saying goes, less is more with tms. I had a whole hosts of symptems that went away once I calmed downed and my immune system built back up. Tell the fear or obessesion to f**k off and go have some fun.

Ryan

Mrs Dependable, Ellen and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yea, obsessing and being totally focused on your body, whatever form it takes, is TMS. I've had TMS as fixation on my teeth in the past. As Ryan says above, just forget about it and live life.

Mrs Dependable and Tennis Tom like this.
  4. Mrs Dependable

Thanks so much Ryan, I've been taking your advice and telling the fear where to go. Yes you're right the preoccupation with some pain or phobia certainly keeps us in fear.

5. Mrs Dependable

Thanks Ellen, yes you're right, it's so maddening to be focused on what is a small thing. I think I know I'm doing it but can't always just forget the ailments and crack on.

6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Be patient and kind to yourself. It takes time to change.