1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

costochondritis

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Markus, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Markus

Markus Guest

I was told I had costochondritis at the ER one night. This is one of many symptoms given to people diagnosed w/fibromyalgia. Anyone know if this sternum/ribcage pain is TMS?

2. Abundance72

Abundance72 Peer Supporter

I think I get the same thing. I have had years of upper middle back pain and for the last 3 years I have had pain radiating to the front area. My heart has been checked and there is nothing wrong there. they can't find anything wrong so they say it's a structural thing. I still can't work out wht it is as it's happening more frequently. I get pain in my sternum but I also get a strong pressure on my chest/sternum area, and it feels like it restricts my breathing. I can't work out what brings it on but it just appears and disappears on its own. It's a horrible feeling, In the past I thought i was having a heart attack. I also have a hiatus hernia so i'm not sure if this could contribute to the pressure I feel? I would assume it is TMS as there seems to be nothing else it could be according to the doctors. Do you also get these symptoms like I get?

3. esnanna

esnanna New Member

4. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I think it could be......I'm no doctor but a friend of mine has had it and so has one of my siblings. Strange part is, how does one irritate a pc of cartilage that is normally only used for breathing. The chances of tearing/overstretching should be very low. Just my 2 cts!

5. Markus

Markus Guest

I don't get any shortness of breath (abundance 72). I just get pain in my sternum! The secondary type of pain I get is ribcage pain which is VERY painful.
    Hope that helps.
    Mark