1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 33 Changes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by prisd, Mar 21, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

Things are happening. I'm feeling more anxiety again lately, and along with that less bladder pain. But today I was so excited because I felt no pain - then I focused on my bladder for an hour straight just unable to believe I wasn't feeling my bladder - and of course it came back again, just a little. I also ate very spicy Mexican food last night with almost no consequence.

I've noticed that as I go through my current events and stressors journaling list, some of them get resolved before I get to them. Just by trying to put my needs first sometimes, it has neutralized some of my stressors. That's a great feeling.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, prisd. I think you're doing great. But I wouldn't put your bladder to the test by focusing on it at all.

For anxiety, I usually get over it by deep breathing for a while and also laughing. I laugh my blahs away. Even if there is nothing funny going on, I pretend there is and just laugh. Start with a smile and that can lead into a laugh.'