1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can we ever stop having relapses?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by COgirl05, Feb 23, 2015.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

I've been on the TMS journey for about 13 months now and have had times where I felt great, but I keep having relapses with it. I try to think psychologically and I am about 1/2 way through the education program too. I've journaled, etc. as well. I am a mother to a 2 year old and I know I put pressures on myself about him and my mom just moved to my city from a small town and I don't think she's very happy about it. I feel like there will always been pressures/stresses in life and I really want to stop reacting to them this way. I am not sure how to stop having the relapses but I'm so sick of them!

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Having set backs is all part of the process. You answered your own question there, you have to change the way you react in life. Life will always bring you stressors and times will be tough. It's how you react/respond to them where some answers lie. You will never have a perfect life and no sense in trying to. Accept where you are and change your outlook. What your getting in life and where you think you should be, there is the tension. Good things come to those who wait. goodluck, we are what we believe.

Ryan

yb44, Ozzy, mdh157 and 1 other person like this.