1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bye Bye Pain

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by CookStar, Jan 13, 2017.

1. CookStar

CookStar New Member

I was successful in following the recovery programs on this site, after reading Healing Back Pain and The Divided Mind.

In 2011 I injured my back and over the course of a year it became chronically worse. I tried Chiro, physio, pills, traction, acupuncture, massage.
    My life was revolved around my back pain. An MRI revealed I had a couple of Herniated Discs, L4/L5.
    I underwent microdisc surgery in 2012, and I was instantly healed. I could walk again.

then....three years later after a separation, I moved into a new house with my pregnant girlfriend. two weeks later MY PAIN RETURNED. this time, on the other side of my lower back, (which my surgeon warned me might happen).

I was scheduled to do another MRI.
    I was on the floor in pain.
    I couldn't walk.
    The most excruciating pain I have ever known.
    My doctor sent me to a chiropractor for spinal decompression. They told me I wouldn't be playing hockey or running again, and that I'd have to baby my back.

I randomly fell across the Sarno 20/20 segment on YouTube. I bought the book. Read it twice.
    Found this site and journaled daily for three weeks.

In three weeks time my pain was eradicated. Gone. Vanished.
    I was playing hockey again. I was able to do a 22km run three months later.

And a nice by-product of this was that my seasonal allergies also vanished this summer!

-Jesse

2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

That's fanatastic !! Well done CookStart dancea

Thanks for sharing your story.