1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Butt Nerve Pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jimmylaw9, Nov 18, 2019.

1. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Does anybody have a story where they had chronic nerve pain in the glutes or piriformis area that as the day goes on and the pain gets worse tighter the more you do. That has been cured ? If so how please?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

That is probably the most common symptom of meat and potatoes TMS that exists. That was my 'og' symptom on my last dance. Read the Sarno's books, and/OR do the SEP on this wiki. It's really that simple. It will go away.

3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I totally had this! One of my many many tms issues! I even had injections in the muscles which was so ridiculous! It's just tension...classic TMS...oxygen deprivation in the muscles from tension.

Lavender likes this.
  4. Looking for space

Looking for space Peer Supporter

I had both sciatica and piriformis, PT helped a lot! Took it away. BUT, I was told to do the exercises for the rest of my life, I didn't and it's needling its way back in to my life

5. Thelauriebelle1

Thelauriebelle1 Peer Supporter

I am wondering if this is what’s going on with me? Hemorrhoids for 3 weeks now...wondering if it’s nerve related? So distressing!!

6. Pietro Carloni

Pietro Carloni Peer Supporter

It is one of the most recurrent symptoms, for my experience stop drugs, stop physiotherapy, stop any type of stretching. I managed to defeat it only when I began to observe the tendency of pain under certain circumstances. in the observation I said to myself: "It hurts, I'm doing x, it's normal that it hurts when I do x, so nothing to worry about, I just have to keep doing x despite the pain that sooner or later will pass." With time and practice has disappeared, but it was only the beginning of this journey.

jimmylaw9 likes this.
  7. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Pietro has your butt pain finished then ?

8. Looking for space

I had both sciatica and piriformis , sciatica was the lesser of the two evils. And you call it butt pain , and it is true that piriformis can cause rectal pain, spasms, itching, it's a pain in the ass! I used PT and stretching was marvelous but...I didn't know about TMS then. It's back again to a lesser degree... so, I'll have to make a decision.

9. Looking for space

P.S. drugs do not help it... muscle relaxers even!

10. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Cheers was doing the PT but I now fully embrace TMS. Yip it was piriformis. It is easing slowly but defo TMS had all the scans etc. Nothing. I am also noticing that when doing things I don’t like it gets worse. Defo TMS. Just reassured by your post now that I can get rid completely thanks for replies

11. Looking for space

I'm sure . It can do lots of thing's (down there) which leaves you trying to understand what on earth is going on. My PT, diagnosed it. I imagine curing it through tms will take for good.

12. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, this is common. At the height of my symptoms, I remember complaining that it hurt to sit down due to pain in the buttocks. It scared me because it hurt to stand up, sit down, lie down, etc.! I wondered if I'd ever be comfortable again.

The pain went away once my nervous system calmed down.

13. Looking for space

Yes I mean mine was severe enough that I felt I would have to go to the bathroom when I didn't have to. And just a host of other symptoms that had me really scared but thankfully my doctor said that well in about 8 months "I think all of this will go away" and he was right the worse of it did go away in 8 months. But it did come back I did physical therapy and it stayed away for a few years or more and now it's coming back again with a vengeance, but at least I know what it is.

14. Pietro Carloni

Pietro Carloni Peer Supporter

Finished, not immediately, it took about three / four months; sometimes the annoyance returns for a few days, but with a little courage, trust and perseverance it goes away as it came.

jimmylaw9 likes this.
  15. grapefruit

grapefruit Peer Supporter

Yes I had piriformis pain, totally healed by treating it as TMS.

16. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Still. Burning like crazy. Every. Single. Day. I have a lot of financial stress. I think that’s what it is for me.

17. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Folks thanks for your replies. I have the full confidence it’s TMS. Whatever it is the more fatigued I am the sorer it gets. So I’m good to myself as much as I can without feeling guilty. Rest as much as I can and be nice to my inner self. Reduce as much stress and keep saying no to as much as possible till I’m back on track. All your comments give me so much support specially the ones who have healed from Piriformis using TMS approach. Stay fit mine is a dull ache everyday which grates to nerve pain. My feet burn too. But all the symptoms together though make no sense other than TMS. It’s mainly burn out from anxiety n stress most of which I thought I was coping with well but obs not. I now know with TMS knowledge n a bunch of MRIs clear etc that there is nothing wrong with me. And I will get better. Stay Fit you will too. Please keep believing and rest when you need to. I have read so many places that when burnout occurs it is not reversing in a day week etc. I feel so lazy just relaxing that is evidence in of itself for me that it is TMS. I now just relax into it every day n remove any stress but by bit. Good luck to all in recovery