1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bone Bruise on Elbow

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mncjl123, Jun 13, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

I hit my elbow on the wall whilst vacuuming 8 weeks ago. It still hurts to move and touch, and it is swollen with a big bump on the bone. There is no break or fracture. The doctor said a bone bruise can take up to 6 months to heal. Has this a tms thing now?

Everything I read about bone bruise on the internet complies to what the doctor said. A bone bruise is in the marrow and unlike a broken bone that heals within 8-10 weeks, a bone bruise is very painful and takes a long time to heal.

I am working so hard on my tms issues and pains, and really didn't need an injury to add to the mix!

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your support on the forum - everyone who reads my questions - thanks in advance.

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Housework is evil and the way you have been attacked in a pincer move by a wall and vacuum cleaner proves it. Stop doing housework and do only yummy things.

Truly, tms can dress itself in wounds clothing so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    STOP GOOGLING.
    Keep tms healing.
    And be nice to your elbow.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

Thanks plum. You are so sweet and have such kind words mixed with humor. It has been 10 weeks, and the bump on the bone (pain) and swelling have not gotten much better. I know I need to be patient in healing, but thought I would be much better by now. I don't want TMS to set in to a fresh wound. I am working the program, and have seen some success with some of my chronic issues. How can I wrap my brain around the acute injury and think of it as not structural when there is a bump on the bone, pain, swelling, and bruising inside the bone? Any kind suggestions would be appreciated.

4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

One of the most beautiful aspects of Nature is her abundant, flowing, life-sustaining, life-giving, healing energy. Although not recognised by Western Medicine we all have a healing system whereby all the other systems of the body (such as the nervous, endocrine, digestive...) work in harmony to restore well-being and full health. This is natural and as it should be.

You know this already but it is worth reminding ourselves that when we are injured, this healing system immediately engages and in your case it is supervising blood flow, oxygen and nutrient delivery to your elbow where it is repairing the damage.

I think you could tie yourself in a knot by trying to see a bone bruise as not structural because it is an actual injury however this is more than ok and does not mean tms will strike. As a rule of thumb remember tms is mind-created and therefore must be mind-healed. Injuries are of the body and therefore must be healed by the body. I find that a helpful maxim.

So regarding your bone bruise, let it be. Let it heal. It's the fretting, the worrying and constant checking that can induce tms. Put your faith in your body and trust the healing.

In the spirit of giving the body the essential nutrients it needs to repair and restore I would embrace a primal like-cures-like. I would roast beef bones and eat the marrow, I'd make bone broth and drink it liberally and I'd add extra collagen to my diet. I like the Great Lakes green tin for superior wound healing. I've seen cuts incurred during cooking heal within hours due to this. Literally they are gone the next morning. It's amazing stuff and it may help your morning stiffness too.

Over and above everything you should rest. Embrace this as a nurturing period and be very gentle and kind with yourself. Explore the mind~body nexus, play with relaxation techniques, find those that you enjoy. Read novels. Listen to music. Sleep.

Blessings to you my dear.

mike2014 likes this.
  5. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

Thanks! Interestingly enough, I drink homemade bone broth everyday. ( the go,den elixir) I also utilize Great Lakes gelatin in red can on daily basis as well. I think we have very common diet plans! I wish I could wrap my mind around the miracle in our ability for my body to heal. I know I need to think differently. My mind tells me I have autoimmune condition and that I am slow to heal, and that I am weak.

In regard to oxygen and what dr. Sarno says about TMS. Is there any way to bring more oxygen and healing to our cells?

I like your comments and find you very reassuring in my healing process.

mike2014 and plum like this.
  6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you angel. :)

To bring more oxygen I would say move more or exercise. I appreciate that is a challenge in itself for a lot of us and I get around that by donning my headphones and dancing around for a song or two. Or if my partner is up to it we go for a stroll around the park.

And then mindful breathing. Some people like to follow specific breathing exercises. I tend to notice when I've been holding my breath and breathing shallowly and counter it with some deep and very aware breathing. Andrew Weil calls breathing the Master Key to Self-Healing and he may be right.

Regarding autoimmune healing there are a couple of ace healing stories.

Rachelle Breslow overcame Multiple Sclerosis and went on to document her cure in a book called 'Who Said So? A Women's Fascinating Journey of Self Discovery and Triumph over Multiple Sclerosis'. It is a testament to mind~body healing.

And there is Dr. Terry Wahls who also cured herself of MS. Her protocol is more dietary based and focuses a lot on replenishing the mitochondria. There is a lot of information about her online.

I draw great inspiration from these women. Both cured *incurable* conditions. Soak up the possibility in their healings. If they can overcome such a big gun diagnosis there is hope for us all.

7. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

I am still dealing with the pain from this injury. My doctor doesn't seem suprised. However, I feel like it should be healing more rapidly, or at least the pain, the bump, and swelling should subsiding. It hurts at the slightest touch and feels like a nerve pain.

Any positive healing thoughts I can work on to get this better. I assume my brain is thinking this is structural so my TMS therapy is not working?

I really didn't need this injury while starting TMS for all my other problems. Just feeling frustrated tonight as I had just started to try and play piano again after 4 years. I tried today, but it puts too much pressure on the pain of the arm.

Need some cheering up,

8. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

So sorry to hear about your persistent pain. I can empathize. I banged an elbow horribly a couple of years ago. ( I was viciously attacked by a clothes dryer--don't go there! Plum is right;house work is evil!) My TMS didn't set in until almost a year later, when by all accounts, I should have healed. At that point I realized the TMS component, and had some stern talks with my subC.
    @plum --I just love reading your posts! You make me smile.

plum likes this.
  9. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Are you familiar with Bruce Lipton?