1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Better Mood At Work

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DonnaJean, Apr 15, 2016.

1. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

I had an appointment with a local Doctor who treats TMS and he was great. He worked with Dr. Sarno 21 years ago. He gave me all my "homework" which I have been doing every day (I went the beginning of this week). One thing I noticed today at work is I am so much more productive and am getting along with people better! I mean I still have pain (Fibro) but it is a lot less. I didn't realize how much this chronic pain was affecting my mood. Wow. I am intending to be pain free as soon as possible!

2. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

Donna I had no clue you lived on the cape! I went to Falmouth high school for a little while! Did you see the doctor in sandwich?

3. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

Hi Brendan,
    I saw Dr. Jay Rosenfeld from Spaulding in Sandwich but I had to go to Plymouth to see him because he didn't have any open appointments in Sandwich. Do you live on the Cape now? And how are you doing?

4. brendan537

I live in Boston but visit my girlfriend in Falmouth every weekend. What about you? I am doing alright its been a long road but I am seeing some successes I have pain all over my body like you, but mainly crippling back pain. I am 21 ive had it since I was 15.

5. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

It's amazing how many people of all ages have this! I am 69 and have had it since I was 41 when I was in an abusive marriage. Which I got out of but there was definitely rage there. and also rage from my childhood.

I am so glad I found out about this because there is no doubt in my mind that it is TMS. I hope you continue to improve. Have you thought about seeing Dr. Rosenfeld?

brendan537 likes this.
  6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi DonnaJean. I'm thrilled that you're having such a positive outcome from your visit to Dr. rosenfeld. It's great to see results so quickly.
    Blessings on your journey.

7. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

Thank You, Gigi. I am very happy but also know after 20 years, that I need to be patient and do my work!

8. brendan537

I have thought about seeing him I just cant get through to him lol I call Spaulding and it wont let me through to his number. How is he working for you?

9. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

Brendan, just call 508-833-4300 (physicians services at Spaulding). I would highly recommend him for TMS. Good luck.

brendan537 likes this.
  10. pspa

pspa Well known member

It turns out Dr. Rosenfeld will be retiring soon. I don't know if the TMS doctor lists get updated regularly or not but it appears we are down one.

brendan537 likes this.