1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 21 back from holiday

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Aug 6, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So, we went on holiday, and other than getting more tired than I wished, I went ahead and saw all the things I wanted to see, walked around, had coffees in cafes and lunch. Sitting is a lot easier, and I did sit for the 2 hour car journey each way and back. I still have some minor lower back pain, and if I sit a lot, my flank gets sore, but this is a real improvement. Had a classic TMS moment when we came home this afternoon... I had just had lunch, and thought I would have a nap....wham, massive headache. I never have headaches, very, very seldom, and this was a whopper. I thought, nope, this is TMS trying to distract me and I waited it out. Headache and stiff neck are now just about gone. Hee. I have also slept like a log the past five nights! :)

I suppose at the moment, I am more than ready for the rest of this back pain to go away, but I'll keep hanging in and journaling and cultivating patience (not one of my strong points :rolleyes:), because I continue to improve every day. I am determined to get well.

2. SunnyinFL

SunnyinFL Well known member

Way to go, abuglet! I can relate to your note about cultivating patience - TMS has a way of highlighting what we need to do! I think your determination will pay off! Best wishes, Sunny

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. So glad to hear you had a pleasant vacation and with minimum pain. I think anyone would feel some butt pain from a two-hour ride in a car. You did great. And congrats on getting rid of the headache, or most of it. Yes, it's just the subconscious wanting you to do more journaling about your repressed emotions. You're making wonderful progress. Patience is part of recovering. I share Sunny's good wishes and confidence you will soon be totally free of pain.

For headaches, I practice deep breathing and maybe have a cup of hot milk or tea (decaffe because I get jumpy otherwise).
    I also like soaking my feet in a warm tub of water with a cup of Epsom salts. It adds magnesium to the body and most everyone is deficient in that mineral because even the most healthy fruits and veggies we eat are grown in soil with little or no magnesium in it. This is true all over the world. Soaking my feet
    in Epsom salts relaxes me right away. It's also a great pain killer.