1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 Armchair Linguist's Success Story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KevinB, Dec 6, 2015.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Great reading for today's SEP success story. Although I don't suffer from RSI, I identify all over the place with this story, especially how taking an honest look at the past shows that TMS has been there for a long time. In fact, today I journaled on how I had a nasty right arm break from skateboarding when I was 14, which required surgery, hospitalization, PT, heavy drugs, etc, for some time. Now that was a legit injury, I had a compound fracture, broke both bones - but what I can see from that experience is the fear, guilt, and anger that I "learned", and returns anytime I've hurt myself since then.... what's more, looking back over the past 25+ years, I can honestly say there has been some sort of physical thing going on at any given moment. Some were real, I was a rough kid, but much of it seems to be TMS. Often I'd have one body part in pain, only to move somewhere else. Hell, just this morning I noticed my left shoulder started to hurt a bit - my back is beginning to feel better, I've had little issue EVER with my shoulder, coincidence? I don't think so. I'm beginning to see the patterns. This is helping me really accept the TMS diagnosis. There have been so many times that I've had things pop up over NO reason, or at least be very exaggerated.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

Kevin

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kevin. Thanks for this terrific post. Yes, we can get rid of pain through TMS penicillin, but some can return when we are under stresses old or new.
    TMS knowledge and practice is definitely an on-going thing. The more we recognize our emotions, the more we can deal with them and any pain they bring on. Some people are afraid that TMS can become sort of a religion. Not to me. Belief in TMS is a healthy way of living. It heals my pain and it teaches me to believe the best is yet to come.