1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Arianna Huffington's book, Thrive

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, May 7, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

My GF just saw a talk by Arianna Huffington about her new book, Thrive. She got the book and it looks pretty good.

She recounts how the book arose from a mind-body crisis of her own. Like so many people on this site, she was pushing herself too hard. When her crisis came, it was like a warning that something had to change in her life. The following video describes what she came up with:

Her segment on the Ellen show was similar, I think, to the one my GF saw:

And if you really want to get in-depth and geeky, without paying for the book, there is a video of a talk that she gave to the geeks at Google:

At first I wasn't impressed, because her thesis that there is more than just money and power to life seemed a bit obvious to me. However, as I looked deeper, I think that she is a skilled communicator and that she probably has a good team of researchers working for her.

Anyone read the book yet? Here's the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Thrive-Redefining-Success-Creating-Well-Being/dp/0804140847

2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, you're the second or third person to mention this book so it is on my "to read" list. My one friend highly recommended it and his recommendations are always solid gold.

Forest likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I thought she is a nut, the way the media reports on her, but she seems to be a good person.

I'm going to put her on my list to send her a copy of
    GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN.
    Maybe she'll have someone review it.

I need to find time and money to promote the book. I want to send press releases and comp copies to
    magazine and newspaper and tv book editors, radio and tv talk show hosts, etc.

North Star likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Ideas are welcome, for who to write to and send copies of the book,
    and I need to know how to promote it on Facebook and Twitter, etc.

5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi Walt, I just got my copy of yours and Herbie's book. So far, its awesome!! Loving it. I heard that if you get 100 reviews of a book, it gets highlighted via Amazon so I would encourage all of us who are reading it, spend some time and write up a review on Amazon. I plan on doing that as soon as I get a little more into it. But already I can feel the shifts in my thinking as a result of reading yours and Herbie's words.

6. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Good post Forest, but what would I expect from the head Wikistrator? That marketer I told you about who read my book and has been helping me, is the one that did Thrive with Arianna. He took it to #1 the first week it was out. He'd been sending me various pieces he was doing on Thrive before it came out, over the past month. I kept telling him that it's the same message as my book with different words. So he gave Arianna a copy of GPD that I signed for her. Not sure if she's read it yet. He invited me to Manhatten to a party she was having.

NowTime, is that true about 100 reviews? I just went to amazon and looked to see how many I have, I need several more to hit that number. I hope it's true. It's tough getting people to sit and write one, but it's necessary for the movement to grow.

Next is a film on GPD. Fingers crossed. This is a tough business in a world of "likes" ...in an artificial world the truth gets buried in entertainment hype, lies, and conjecture. So all we can do is keep trying to break through, one person at a time.

North Star likes this.
  7. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve, is a film on GPD in the works presently?

Walt, I ran out of steam with my writing because I realize marketing is 90% of the deal. Right now with teens at home, I just can't give it the time it needs. Hence, my writing projects limp along…if at all these days. (I've written a couple of eBooks that I *should* have printed but…yeah.) I have another half finished manuscript on ADHD. (Hahaha! Get the irony?)

In the meanwhile, I write for my own enjoyment and therapy.

8. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi Steve
    This is what I was told from an organization that I belong to that is always trying to get their books noted. Its all in the algorithms and of course Word of Mouth. It would be so great to get an endorsement from someone like Arianna Huffington - it makes marketing so much easier. Hugs to you on this glorious day!

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Steve, it will be interesting to see if Huffington reads your book and gives it a thumbs up.
    It will tell whether she wants to help spread the word about TMS and Mindbody or just promoter herself and her book.