1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Antidepressants

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by fredb, Jun 29, 2019.

1. fredb

fredb Peer Supporter

My doctor has put me on 30mg Duloxetine once daily to help both with my mood and my pain. I have been on these about two months and always now feel nervous in the mornings, but nothing else? I have also read some horror stories about this drug. I am not sure what to do now. Has anyone else experienced using this drug and what was your outcome please. I am worried it may make my situation and TMS work harder. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

2. fredb

fredb Peer Supporter

There must be somebody who has experienced the use of Duloxetine (cymbalta) and dealt with their TMS at the same time. Any help/advice would be very welcome, as I am not sure if I should quit the antidepressant against my doctor's advice, as I have read some really horrific accounts of the use of this medication. What do you advise please?

3. Jocko1

Jocko1 Peer Supporter

I was on every anti depressant imaginable to treat chronic pain. Nothing helped. Once I got off ALL meds (even ibuprofen), supplements and threw out all the pain relief devices (car seats, braces, orthotics, etc.) I got my life back.
    I’m not pain free yet for sure. I still have more work to do on that but I’ve got my life back from the fear of the pain. I do ALL my pre pain activities without limitations. My life is better since I’ve went with the TMS approach. It’s been 10 month. The pain will leave eventually.

Boston Redsox likes this.