1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

An almost entirely pain-free week

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tom Thumb, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb New Member

This week has been a real breakthrough for me. I first started treating the RSI in my wrists as TMS two months ago, and it's been a very rocky road for me. I've been through a number of symptoms, huge amounts of worry and fear, but this week has been amazingly good. I've hardly noticed any pain at all, and it hasn't stopped me from doing anything.

Especially over the last two days, I've been doing a huge amount of manual work - screwing screws, hammering nails, moving and assembling furniture - and to be honest, most of the time I wasn't even thinking about my wrists.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% yet, as I still do find my thoughts turning to my wrists every now and again, and I do still get occasional pangs of pain, but the past few days have really been a turning point.

heleng and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  2. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Congrats, Tom! You are on your way. dancea

This stuff really works.

3. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Wow, that is amazing, your post has given me a lot of hope. I am just on the very start of healing and I am finding new challenges by the day, even the hour at times. You must be feeling great to be getting back to things, I am so pleased for you!

Helen

4. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Good job, you did two of the most important things, 1) physical work, 2) not thinking about your wrists. The combo of these two things teaches your brain to react differently to movement, by reducing fear.

As you continue healing, only work on the need for your symptoms. why do you need it? Don't let any symptom keep you from doing anything.

Work on anxiety, and keep getting to happiness.

Steve

Cap'n Spanky likes this.