1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Am I really a TMS Candidate?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ali90, Jun 20, 2016.

1. ali90

ali90 New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm male and been down this TMS journey for about 2 month.Just a brief about myself,the pain actually started during my final year doing my bachelor degree.It was very mild until i graduated,the pain become quiet unbearable.GP diagnosed me with l5-s1 disc prolapsed with severe nerve compression in 2013.To be honest i'm not really in a lot of pain but i have to limit my activities.For instance i really like to play soccer but now i can't since it will cause me more pain. I've been through the conventional path with painkillers,pt but to no avail.It will help for a while than back to square one. Two months ago I discovered this TMS thing.I actually been cured for almost two weeks before i had a relapse.Regarding my personality, I don't actually fit the TMS profile.I'm no perfectionist,not really a people pleaser and had an awesome childhood.

My question to you guys,if i didn't really fit the general TMS profile,does it mean my problem is 100 % structural?

p/s Pardon my english as its not my mother tongue.I'm from Asia

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't fit the tms personality type either, at least not conventionally or at first sight but over time I've come to recognise how these traits manifest in either diluted or more unusual ways. And anyway it's not really important in terms of pain because everyone experiences stressful situations and has to moderate their emotional reactions to some extent or another. This is enough to create sufficient tension which can lead to tms.

The other thing is that tms healing can do no harm and actually confers great boons. With devoted practice we can become more resourceful, resilient and peaceful.

I also had a fantastic childhood but have come to see how something in my late teens caused me to begin hiding my true feelings, which became a default pattern over time. In particular I concealed anger and sadness and over the decades the pressure built till it popped into pain.

Welcome to the forum. Your English is great by the way.

Tennis Tom and mike2014 like this.
  3. ali90

ali90 New Member

Hi Plum,

Great reply and advice.I'm very much appreciated it. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Ali. You may not fit the "typical" TMs profile, whatever that is! But if you read TMS literature, and feel that it applies to you, give the program a shot.
    Have you tried working trough the Structured Education Program? The readings each day will expose you to a wide range of people and their experiences.
    Blessings on your journey.

5. ali90

ali90 New Member

Hi Gigi,

Thank you for your input.I'm in the middle of working SEP.Blessed you