1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Watts- Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mstlymebutmstlyu, Apr 22, 2014.

1. mstlymebutmstlyu

mstlymebutmstlyu New Member

If part 2 was moving for you please watch part one.

I was having a horrible morning with such tension in my legs I was trembling when I walked.

Upon laying down- I cried and cried and cried feeling sorry for myself. I felt like I was a prisoner especially in my own body, without a barb wired fence around my property. The tempting thought to run free but held back by the fear of pain.

On a grander level, we are to some degree, prisoners and slaves on this planet- conditioned to what to think and how to feel- although we are surrounded by such beauty and the idea that we are free seems like a catch 22.

Alan says " one weeps when they are sad. And one weeps when they are overjoyed." " one feels a sensation in the pit of ones stomach, tickle down the spine and clammy hands when frightened and also when happy"

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

"Tenderness and softness is the companions of life." Love it. "My strength is made strong is my weakness" This version is from Paul the apostle to the believers in the bible days after he asked God to take a thorn from his side.
    That theory on the cat is pretty cool, I have never heard it like that -- thanks:).
    Because of it's softness the water triumphs over the hardness of life. Lao tzu.
    We somehow want to think because of our hardness that we can triumph but its when we are in flow, just being without reaction but calmness in spirit that we start to get our healing and anything else that we want in life.

I remember trying so hard not to hurt in the past that I'd hurt even more, I remember thinking that if I did a thousand set-ups a day to get my core strong that somehow this would be the way to fix my pain. No! It was when I understood flow and that I could experience these emotions that I began to be at one with them instead of fighting against them.

Alan Watts is Just Super. Thank you so much for this video. Awesome.

Flexibility is an awesome Tool