1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

A Twilight Zone dream

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Jun 15, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I had an interesting dream the other night. But first a little background…

My TMS has been hopping the past few weeks. (Hosting my daughter's wedding among other things will do that to a gal.) My hubby and I have talked and agree, it's time to go visit Dr. Schubiner. His Unlearn Your Pain program has been especially helpful to me and I really like his kind demeanor on his YouTube clips.

The hesitation however is the time and expense. Mostly the expense since our cash flow is very inconsistent right now. It's about a 1,800 mile drive from Montana to Detroit.

I had already spoken to the good doctor a few weeks ago (this man actually returns calls personally!) and found out I could get in to see him in 2-4 weeks. So I emailed him to get a few date possibilities. (This was just yesterday so I haven't heard back yet.)

Now back to Friday night's dream. I dreamt I was getting ready to board a plane. And instead of the usual anxiety I feel going through airport security, I was happy and at peace. The security guy's name…or it was a gal, I can't remember which, was "Asa". In the dream I thought, "hmmm, that's an interesting name. I've never heard of it before."

When I woke up I made a note to look up the name and its meaning. And of course….I forgot to do so.
    But I DID remember last night.

Asa is a Hebrew word meaning "physician" or "healer". (Cue to Twilight Zone music….)

tarala, yb44 and Mala like this.
  2. Mala

Mala Well known member

I interpret that as a good dream & a positive sign.

Dr Schubiner has always come across as being nice & caring. I wrote him an email once & he replied almost instantly.

Wishing u all the best & do let us know how it goes with the good doctor.

Mala

North Star likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, North Star. I too interpret your airport dream as good and positive.
    Amazing you learn in the dream that the guard's name was Asa and what it means.
    You subconscious was telling you that you're going to have a real good meeting with Schubiner.

I hate noise, so what did I have last night but a dream in which the house next door was being torn down
    and a new one will go up there. But I was thinking about that just yesterday afternoon so it was probably
    stored in my dream bank.

North Star likes this.
  4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

What a coincidence. I have dreams of travelling almost every night. If I am not driving, being driven, in a train or cycling, I am walking. I can't remember every having a dream of being on a plane but last night would you believe that's where I was.

North Star likes this.
  5. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Maybe we were on the same flight, yb44. :) Mala and Walt, a positive sign….yes, those were my thoughts too. I'm sure I must have heard the name "Asa" somewhere in my past but don't believe I heard the meaning of it. I'm still shaking my head as to how random and crazy that dream was.

Walt, I detest noise too. Hubby and I took a long drive out to a lake today and I was beyond disgusted that there was a kid with his motorbike who appeared out of nowhere. Thankfully, he made a few laps and headed off to another part with his noise pollution. I don't understand why people blast their music in campgrounds either (we moved down the road). ;)

We found some delightful birds to erase the annoyance of the pesky humans though.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

People can be so thoughtless by spreading their noise in public places. Motorbikes and snowmobiles destroy the quiet in parks. As for loud music, I don't understand why people don't use headphones in public places, but figure they just want to spread their noise which they seem to like.

North Star likes this.
  7. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

Thank you for sharing this dream. It sounds very positive. I have recently begun work with a Jungian Analyst to explore my dreams in more detail. Hopefully, another avenue for exploring some of what's in the unconscious.