1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A question for lady members

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mermaid, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Girls

Does anyone else have more problems with TMS around the time you get your period? I'm in perimenopause so I'm having a little more hormone fluctuation than I used to. I'd welcome any suggestions on how to cope.

2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello. Yes, I am also perimenopausal and everything seems to really intensify for me about a week before my period. I was finding that when my pain symptoms were improved, my mind would focus on the hormones and all the havoc I imagine they are creating. I read a book called Mind Over Menopause and I have discovered all the things I am learning to heal the TMS, also really helps with the menopausal symptoms. Meditation, exercise, good sleep, eating right... anything that quells anxiety and excessive worrying. I get chills occasionally, body aches, flu like symptoms, brain fog...and I have been treating it just like I do the pain. I try to stay present, focused on what is going on with me emotionally and use meditation and refocusing to reduce obsessive worrying.

Angelica likes this.
  3. sewmuch

sewmuch Member

I definitely think that everything is intensified at this time. Emotions, physical and mental sensitivities, and brain fog. I agree with Anne in that I try to get moderate exercise, eat and sleep well, and give myself a break during this time all the way around. Also treat myself to things like quiet time, a long hot bath, a good book or magazine. Treating it as a time of reminder, renewal and reset is helpful. If I have symptoms, I remind myself what time it is, it will subside in a couple of days, and just take care of myself.

Anne Walker likes this.
  4. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Thanks for your advice ladies :)