1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A different outlook on RSI caused by TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ShaneM, Jun 11, 2015.

1. ShaneM

ShaneM Peer Supporter

Just a quick note for those of you out there who are suffering from RSI and believe it may be TMS. The diagnosis and treatment of TMS seems to still be a very rough topic which little is known about. I tried treating RSI with the TMS approach for years and only made my condition worse and worse; had I tried conventional treatment long ago I may no longer be living with this problem. I'm not trying to condemn or disregard the ideas of TMS, but be weary to what extent you follow them.

TMS is essentially a mindset more than it is a condition. People with the TMS mindset are prone to stress and tension; this tension being one of the primary causes of RSI pain. I have been seeing a doctor for my condition now for around 4 weeks and one of the most notable findings is that I am extremely tense all throughout my body. This tension comes from my TMS mindset, and though treating the tension psychologically could help by no means do I feel it could completely resolve my condition. To treat RSI I strongly suggest following the notions of TMS while at the same time correcting your posture, fixing muscle imbalance, and especially working on trigger points and muscle tension. These things cannot be relieved psychologically; RSI is a condition which you must approach physically and psychologically, you cannot focus on one of the other. I hope this helps some of you out there.