1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A breakthrough!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by David B, Jan 5, 2014.

1. David B

David B Well known member

Yesterday I challenged myself to exercise. The push came from fate having me find some runners on the radio talking about the mental prep they go through as they are on the blocks. The focus. All about what they doing to get ready not to win but to run. It was perfect.

I was scared, no question about it. I know the pain is not from any injury but I am still dealing with fear of the pain sensation itself as well as conditioning and expection of pain.

As I went downstairs my pain kicked in and got worse.

I decided to meditate to calm myself. After 15 minutes I put my sneakers back on.

I kept it simple and light. I wasn't entirely without symptoms but they were very manageable or absent. I played music. My favorite was I Am Superman by REM. I counted each rep out loud and with an attitude "of I am strong. I have done this my whole life and I will do this again and nothing is going to stop me"

I threw up my hands after almost every set like I had won and Olympic event. That's how I felt. I cried when I was done. I was so happy.

I will do it again tomorrow.

Gio23, G.R., jazzhands and 4 others like this.
  2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

One Word. AWESOME!!!!!!dancea

G.R. and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful. Your story makes me cry too! Thank you. We deserve these tears of joy. They are hard-won after much suffering.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Great News! You give us all the courage. Thanks for letting us know, you're
    a winner. Nancy

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so Awesome David B -- I knew you had it I your heart when I first talked to you.
    Wow. You have had a ( Huge Breakthrough) Now you know, you have the power to win every time.
    Amazing. I never cease to be amazed at the power of the Heart. You finish the race now. You've won.
    Bless You

6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Wow! Congrats David B. The taste of victory...priceless!

7. David B

David B Well known member

Herbie your strength and conviction has been contagious. Thank you. You are right about the heart. In fact when I was still in bed, with no light in front of me my 9yr old daughter made a picture of me with a heart that said "dad you have a big heart." I taped it to my lamp shade. Even though I am done with lying in bed it's still there to remind me that I have have it in me. We all have it. We just have to embrace it.

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

David B , Thank You for those words of Wisdom my friend -- I am humbled.
    Bless you

9. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

David, You made a milestone!!! How awesome!!! Thank you for sharing.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

David, you're doing great!
    Exercise can really lift the spirits and build confidence.

And your daughter giving you the big heart is a wonderful expression of her love for you.