1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

1 week into the program and I get sick

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Debs2830, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Debs2830

Debs2830 Newcomer

I have been suffering from severe unexplained feet pain for over a year that has been progressively getting worst.

After a running to my last chance doctor and he has no answer, someone suggested I try this TMS program.

The whole idea of it being a mind problem made alot of sense to me.
    I will honestly say that I did not have a very troubled childhood, or skeletons hiding in my closet.
    But with 5 kids and running my own home based web company, I deal with alot of daily stresses that I do not deal with very well.

I am looking very forward to going through the program, learning how to release my feelings and relax.
    After just 1 week my feet are feeling amazing again!

Now, I woke up this morning with a terrible cold.
    If I honestly look at myself, I do know that I always get a cold right before a big deadline.I know that there is a concept at the beginning of the program, that the pain will move to a different part of your body.

I keep reminding myself that it's just the stress releasing itself this way.
    But what I don't understand, in the meantime, I feel so under the weather. Am i supposed to push myself, or am I supposed to be taking care of the cold.
    can I curl back into bed, with advil and 5 cups of tea? or am I supposed to just tell myself, get up and keep going and the cold will just leave?

Any advice?

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello sweetheart,

Welcome to the forum. My best advice is to give yourself permission to curl back into bed and look after yourself. Ironically a lot of people fall foul of tms by not caring for and loving themselves enough. I would suggest that getting a cold at this point is part seasonal and part subconscious mind giving you a nice excuse for a rest you probably really need. Use it as a time to relax, rest and sleep. In the end tms healing is very much about learning to be kind to yourself. Don't worry too much about what the cold 'means' or symptoms moving around. Use it as fodder for journal writing or contemplation when you feel better. Meantime, let your body rest.

Plum x

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

What Plum said! Including the welcome, Debs. Just the fact that you're successfully banishing your foot pain is proof that you are in the right place and on the right track dancea Loving yourself enough to give yourself a break is definitely part of the prescription.