1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Wyndra
Last Activity:
May 9, 2017
Currently unemployed.

Share This Page

Wyndra

Newcomer, Female, from Argentina

My psychiatrist told me to double the pregabaline (now 50mg) and start quitting the Clonazepam. Right now I'm only taking it at night (25mg) Apr 26, 2017

Wyndra was last seen:
May 9, 2017
  • My Story

I am 32 years old and I'm from Argentina.

I started with symptoms last year, on May, before a major trip. I was bedridden for a fortnight. I thought I had Plantar Fasciitis and Sciatica (back, Leg and feet pain). I have no idea how I managed to pack the suitcase and go. My first weeks were terrible, spent a lot of time in bed and had strange symptoms. Then, on the third week, the pain subsided.

After I came back, I suffered from sciatica symptoms every month. This January, my pain flared up once again and NEVER had a a day without pain ever since. Symptoms include migrating pain, especially in the Sciatic nerve region (from lower back to both feet), but also in arms, hands, upper back, ribs, anywhere really. It changes all the time. I can have pain in one region and the next 10 minutes it's changed to something different. Sometimes it's a dull pain, sometimes it's needle-like, and sometimes it's a burning sensation.

So I went to the doctor. I had a full spine MRI, lab tests, neurologic tests and ecography + X-rays in both feet. Nothing showed up. I am """healthy""".

I also started yoga, and I try to meditate and make positive affirmations whenever I can.

Then I discovered "Healing Back Pain", and I thought: this is what I have, it is TMS. My pain bettered for a couple weeks and then came back. I have no idea why, I was so happy I was starting to think less about all this.

Yoga seemed nice at first, but now I don't know, since I always come back from practice with a lot of pain, which lasts days, and then I'll have another class. But ISN'T IT ALL PSYCHOLOGICAL? I keep doing it.

So I went to the rheumatologist to check for Fibromyalgia (I had booked the assignment the month before), but the typical pressure points didn't hurt. So she said I have a "functional pain syndrome", a bit similar to fibromyalgia, and that I may or may not recover from it. She suggested more physical activity, psychotherapy and good sleep. She also prescribed 25mg of pregabaline every night (a very low dose), apart from the 75mg of benzodiazepine I was taking daily for anxiety (I don't know if my anxiety triggers the pain, if pain triggers anxiety, or both at the same time!).

My partner is getting very tired of my symptoms and I think it's ruining our relationship. I just can't be in the same mental state as before, and cannot do a lot of stuff I once did (like going dancing). I am unemployed, have no money, no income apart from what my partner makes and our country is in a big economic crisis, so finding a job is VERY hard right now. My family lives in another city and is not helping us in any way. I have no relatives here in Buenos Aires.

There are no TMS trained doctors here, nobody has heard of Sarno's theories and they just won't do it.
    1. Wyndra
      Wyndra
      My psychiatrist told me to double the pregabaline (now 50mg) and start quitting the Clonazepam. Right now I'm only taking it at night (25mg)
    2. Tennis Tom
      Tennis Tom
      Sorry to hear of your plight, the best thing is the docs said you are structurally "healthy"--that is GREAT! It allows you to pursue the TMS course. The good thing about TMS is that it is extremely cheap, you may have to read a book, that's all!
      1. Balsa11 likes this.
    3. Tennis Tom
      Tennis Tom
      In the meantime there is a vast wealth of info at this site for FREE! There is a team of professional TMS psychotherapists you can ask questions of. Mild doses of anti-anxiety meds and depressants have been found to be helpful for TMS, so that's good too.
      If you're not sure what emotional upsets are fueling your TMS, look at the RAHE-HOLMES LIST OF EVENTS for causes.

Good Luck !
      tt
      1. Wyndra
        Wyndra
        Hi Tom, and thanks for your comments!!! It's great to know I'm healthy, not so great to feel not-really-healty, so I'm trying to keep up with the program and reading some stories here on the forum. didn't know there were psychotherapists who could help. I've very recently started therapy, but NOBODY knows about TMS down here.
        Apr 26, 2017
      2. Wyndra
        Wyndra
        I've looked up the list you told me about. It seems I'm on the middle range (almost 200 points), so I guess the are "real" stress causes. Also I'm a very imaginative person, which is nice and very fun on one side, but it can really fuel up my anxiety on the other!

good luck to you too :)
        Apr 26, 2017
      3. Wyndra
        Wyndra
        ps: I'm on a light dose of pregabaline now. I guess it helps with the pain.
        Apr 26, 2017
    4. Wyndra
      Wyndra
      32 year-old from Argentina. Medically healthy but with a "functional migrating pain syndrome" (TMS) affecting my whole body.
  • My Story

Currently unemployed.
    Diagnoses:
    "Functional pain syndrome"
    I am 32 years old and I'm from Argentina.

I started with symptoms last year, on May, before a major trip. I was bedridden for a fortnight. I thought I had Plantar Fasciitis and Sciatica (back, Leg and feet pain). I have no idea how I managed to pack the suitcase and go. My first weeks were terrible, spent a lot of time in bed and had strange symptoms. Then, on the third week, the pain subsided.

After I came back, I suffered from sciatica symptoms every month. This January, my pain flared up once again and NEVER had a a day without pain ever since. Symptoms include migrating pain, especially in the Sciatic nerve region (from lower back to both feet), but also in arms, hands, upper back, ribs, anywhere really. It changes all the time. I can have pain in one region and the next 10 minutes it's changed to something different. Sometimes it's a dull pain, sometimes it's needle-like, and sometimes it's a burning sensation.

So I went to the doctor. I had a full spine MRI, lab tests, neurologic tests and ecography + X-rays in both feet. Nothing showed up. I am """healthy""".

I also started yoga, and I try to meditate and make positive affirmations whenever I can.

Then I discovered "Healing Back Pain", and I thought: this is what I have, it is TMS. My pain bettered for a couple weeks and then came back. I have no idea why, I was so happy I was starting to think less about all this.

Yoga seemed nice at first, but now I don't know, since I always come back from practice with a lot of pain, which lasts days, and then I'll have another class. But ISN'T IT ALL PSYCHOLOGICAL? I keep doing it.

So I went to the rheumatologist to check for Fibromyalgia (I had booked the assignment the month before), but the typical pressure points didn't hurt. So she said I have a "functional pain syndrome", a bit similar to fibromyalgia, and that I may or may not recover from it. She suggested more physical activity, psychotherapy and good sleep. She also prescribed 25mg of pregabaline every night (a very low dose), apart from the 75mg of benzodiazepine I was taking daily for anxiety (I don't know if my anxiety triggers the pain, if pain triggers anxiety, or both at the same time!).

My partner is getting very tired of my symptoms and I think it's ruining our relationship. I just can't be in the same mental state as before, and cannot do a lot of stuff I once did (like going dancing). I am unemployed, have no money, no income apart from what my partner makes and our country is in a big economic crisis, so finding a job is VERY hard right now. My family lives in another city and is not helping us in any way. I have no relatives here in Buenos Aires.

There are no TMS trained doctors here, nobody has heard of Sarno's theories and they just won't do it.