Peer Leadership Teleconferences
Every two weeks members of the PTPN hold teleconferences to discuss the a variety of issues pertaining to the organization, TMS Wiki, and our forum. The following are the notes from these meetings.
August 24, 2012
Quick Update on 501(c)(3)
- We have received recognition as a charitable organization from the State of Massachusetts, and have filed for 501(c)(3)status with the IRS. The current estimation is that we should hear back from the IRS in 1-2 months.
- It was mentioned that we may want to identify the top five states where our web traffic comes from and register as a charitable organization in those states.
- We will also review the regulations for a 501(c)(3) organization and make sure that we continue to use best practices. As part of this, it was mentioned that we may want to contact he IRS, review incorporation books, contact our new fellow at TLC, and meet with someone at SCORE. This may help us identify ways to expedite the process.
- It was also brought up that registering as a charitable organization in all 50 states may be onerous.
- In most states you don't need to register as a charitable organization until you receive $1,000-3,000.
- We will be having two more webinars on September 15th and October 8th
- We will need at least one moderator, and 2-3 people to be on deck for a personalized feedback section.
Practitioner Advisory Council
- We will move forward with the Practitioner Advisory Council, and begin to invite practitioners to be on it.