1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 You're probably not going to get better

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MJG, Mar 12, 2014.

1. MJG

MJG New Member

That was the worst thing the Dr's said after seeing my X-rays. They showed spondylolisthesis, facet syndrome and osteoarthritis. I then tried all the usual stuff PT, acupuncture, chiropractic, and more. Well fortunately they were wrong. I am much better after reading Healing Back Pain about 1 year ago. The thing that still goes on is the pain moves around. Whatever it is takes over my life, insomnia, depression, hip pain. Also ,I have not been able to break the "conditioned response of the need to take Excederin". Can make it a couple of days then something really hurts. Today a sever migraine headache.
    Am coming to believe the pain, either physical or depression /anxiety is trying to get me to deal with my unconscious issues. That sounds exhausting...yeah, I'm pretty sure if I went to the Dr. today they would say I have chronic fatigue syndrome or adrenal fatigue something or other. Forget that...it's TMS

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes thinking about your emotions would be good but your reactions and why your having them would be good to think about too ok.Write down why you think you would be having the pain emotionally ok. Then think why am I having this emotion and what are the reactions I'm doing to make it happen. If it is unconscious which it most likely is it will come to surface in due time ok.

The most common reactions we have are anger, fear, worry, and stress. You think these are just normal but their all actually reactions. If you have any questions let me know ok.

Bless you

3. MJG

MJG New Member

Hi Herbie. Thank you for your help. I will think about and write down "why I'm having the pain emotionally". I seem to have resistance to thinking about this as I just want to go blank, I don't want to have any emotions...will see what comes up. Thanks!

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You Want to have emotions ok. Cause its when you begin to feel those emotions that you will begin to heal ok.
    Yes, write it all down and let me know how you do ok.
    Bless you