1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Your thoughts about TMS and culture/religion

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Would be TMS practitioner, Aug 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi everyone,

I am a SIRPA practitioner in the UK (TMS recovery) and I'm doing a talk at an upcoming SIRPA Chronic Pain Summit on 10th October. The title of my talk is "Religious faith, culture and mindbody approaches"

A brief synopsis: Where does religious faith sit with the SIRPA approach? Is it an easy fit or an uncomfortable one, and how do our own cultural backgrounds help or hinder our engagement with this approach?

I'd really love to include any of your questions or lived experience on this topic. If you are interested, feel free to post here or if you prefer, to email me: emma@acaciafreedom.co.uk

2. PS, I have realised that "Would be TMS practitioner" is no longer a good username for me, for obvious reasons! I've requested to change it.