1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Your Animals Know Grace

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Aldous Huxley used to say that the central problem for humanity is the quest for grace. This word he used in what he thought was the sense in which it is used in the New Testament. He explained the word, however, in his own terms. He argued—like Walt Whitman— that the communication and behavior of animals has a naivete, a simplicity, which man has lost. Man's behavior is corrupted by deceit —even self-deceit—by purpose, and by self-consciousness. As Aldous saw the matter, man has lost the "grace" which animals still have.

Aldous Huxley Quote From the book by John Grinder, Turtles all the way down.

Eric)- As Aldous Huxley states above we have lost our naiveté, a simplicity, a grace which animals still have
    An animal knows how to play fun in the sun games and I've never seen one get to serious less it was dinner time.
    My Dog Roxy stays as calm and cool as an alligator on the bayou of Louisiana when it comes to staying happy.
    She just runs around the yard, kicks up the grass and invents fun, a page from Roxy's book of health and healing we should all use.

Do you have some laid back cool , calm and calculated animals?

Have they ever taught you how to be great or better at something you've felled at a million times?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My three dogs (one at a time) taught me how to relax and be in the present moment and to ENJOY
    and LOVE every minute of life God has given me.

Annie is napping while I work but when it's 5 pm she knows it's time to EAT which gives her JOY.
    And then we play tug o war in the living room with a sock "bone" and spend play time together.

I wouldn't be 83 if it hadn't been for my darling dogs, Chelsea, Max, and now Annie.
    Three dogs in almost 40 years! People ask how they live so long and I say they (and we) live on LOVE.

Annie just walked into my home office and stretched out under my desk for a continuation of her nap.

A very good post, Herbie. Give Roxy a pat from Annie and me.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Walt
    I believe our animals extend our life more than we know.
    I've seen so much happiness every time it was meal time too.
    Roxy always loves to let me know how she's so thankful.

I've learned the secrets of the animals grace like you Walt.
    Its a humbling experience indeed.
    Ill pat Roxy one for you and Annie, you do the
    same to Annie from me and Roxy
    thanks pal.