1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

You Know You Have TMS When Symptoms Change 4 times in 5 weeks

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tacosaurus Tex, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Tacosaurus Tex

Tacosaurus Tex New Member

First week- groin pain. Tried TMS approach. Gone.
    Week 1-3: insomnia. Tried TMS approach. Gone.
    Week 3-4.5: strange sinus issues. Tried TMS approach gone.
    Now: upper back pain.

It's so bad that it looks like my spine has shifted 30 degrees. What's truly absurd is I know there's no way I did anything that could have caused this. I just woke up and my upper back was a mess. However, if I went to the doctor tomorrow I guarantee he would talk to me about herniated discs, stretches, blah, blah, blah.

This is so obviously TMS that it's like my brain is desperate to try to get me with whatever it can. Brain, you fool, it's over. The gig is up. Although I'm walking around like Quasi Modo, I'm laughing to myself about how silly this whole TMS process is. Keep in mind I'm a healthy 29 year old male that runs marathons. There's no reason I should feel like an 80 year old with one ridiculous medical issue after another.

I feel really fortunate to have found about TMS. The changing symptoms means the recovery is working. I'm positive that someday soon I can write my own success story to inspire people. In the meantime, thanks everyone for inspiring me.

Tex

giantsfan likes this.
  2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Tex - "one ridiculous medical issue after another". That made me laugh because my girlfriend and I were just discussing this the other day. I am SO fortunate to have a dear friend who is always dealing with TMS and we meet regularly to offer support to one another.

Like you, I've looked at the aches pains and bizarre symptoms that seem to parade in front of me, each one asking, "How about this symptoms? Wanna hop on this bandwagon?" Sometimes it catches me off guard. I'm getting better though at telling it to take a hike and then yup...some other stupid symptom. It's fascinating in many ways.

In the meanwhile I leaning into more exercise and feeling empowered to become the strong and healthy woman that's been buried beneath pain for way too many years.