1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 Yes, please!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LouVes, Nov 1, 2018.

1. LouVes

LouVes New Member

.Think of some activities you really enjoy doing. If you could do one of these activities without feeling stressed out, without having anxiety, and without worrying about your family, kids, job, etc. how would that feel? Why do you not do this activity more often? What steps could you take to do this activity stress free and without worrying about other things? Do this activity this week.

I had to really think about this one because my kids are with me one week and then with their father the week after, and we've been doing this for 12 years. This means that I have one week "on" and one week "off" where I can do pretty much as I please anyway. It was difficult in the beginning but once I got used to it, I made full use of the weeks without children to see my friends, go for long hikes, basically to live like a carefree twenty year old.
    But, there is one thing that I love doing which I don't do often during the weeks when I have the kids and even when I don't, because of my partner....watching TV in English!

It doesn't sound like much but I live in France and, even though I'm completely bilingual - have been here for 23 years - there's nothing quite like flopping down on the couch at the end of the day and watching a film in your mother tongue. I also never read in French because reading is something I do to relax, not to work at. I have to do everything in French every day all year long (except my job because I teach English), so I really enjoy my English treats.
    I always give up what's relaxing for me for the greater good - the kids and my partner can watch TV in English but it's hard for them, much harder for them in English than it is for me in French. To be fair, my partner often offers to put whatever we're watching into English but I almost always refuse because I know he'll be struggling to understand after a while.
    Difficult to do this without feeling guilty, but, why thank you, I think I will...