1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Yes! ME/CFS is TMS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cfsistmsguy, Jul 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. cfsistmsguy

cfsistmsguy Newcomer

I've seen this question posted semi-frequently on here and would love to offer this resource I created as a point to start if you have ME/CFS and are interested in TMS.

www.cfsistms.com

While living through the hell of ME/CFS, I discovered Dr. Sarno's work and it led me to this forum to ask the very question 'Does this work for CFS?' In Sarno's and other's TMS work there were tons of examples of pain syndromes but very few examples of healing from ME/CFS. This caused doubt in my mind. I needed to hear from people who'd had CFS and recovered, if just to be able to relate and have confidence in the journey I was about to embark on.

Anyway, the informational website above is basically just an aggregate of TMS resources that I found helpful, but with specific advice related to CFS. In essence, the key is that all of these symptoms and syndromes are the same, so you can read any TMS story as a 'CFS' story. But alas, the website above is meant to show 'evidence' that CFS is TMS, point to a collection of CFS/TMS recovery stories, and provide some CFS-specific context to TMS recovery that hopefully proves helpful.

I know what it feels like to be totally convinced that you have a serious biological illness that medicine doesn't understand. I know how tough it can be to let go of those beliefs and change your mind after so long. But it's so worth it!

Lastly, it's important that you make the decision for yourself. Dive into TMS material, review the 'evidence' on both sides, and decide for yourself how you want to move forward. Because, hey, TMS clicks and it explains all the doubts you've had, and you have hope for the first time in a long time. Or maybe CFS makes all the sense in the world and TMS just sounds nuts to you. That's alright too. :)

Good luck and feel free to reach out if you have any thoughts, questions, suggestions, anything!

Joey2276, jrid32, TG957 and 5 others like this.
  2. MindMood

MindMood New Member

Thanks! Bookmarked the site, and I'm looking forward to diving in!

cfsistmsguy likes this.
  3. marcato15

marcato15 Newcomer

Can I ask what has been helpful for dealing with fatigue? I've had CFS for 5+ years and find a lot of help from TMS but am still struggling overcoming the fatigue.

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Meditation did it for me.