1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Year 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Vivian, Sep 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Vivian

Vivian Newcomer

i have been a successful TMS survivor for 10 years. It started with back pain but my strong subconscious is constantly shifting the symptoms on me. Last week was one of the worst in 10 years. I've been severely stressed at work which ended with a confrontation with my boss and me in the ER with hives all over my body. While the doctors are convinced it's something I've ingested or environmental, I know that it's psychosomatic. I started re-reading The Divided Mind, journaling & found this forum and for the 1st day in over a week I am hive free (so far). This works, it really does, you always have to be mindful of the power of the subconscious.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

So true. Keep reading and studying - you will get to the point where you can prevent the symptoms by dealing with the stress in a more useful way. When we understand how our personalities are and how we exhibit stress, it gets easier to 'head it off' and find ways to process the emotions that are brought up. It is difficult, but not impossible!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That is so true, Vivian. I'd been away from the forum for a while, and I was getting pretty ramped up with the stress of an overbooked life, and the things I've picked up and been reminded of in the last few weeks are really helping me to calm my mind back down and achieve a more mindful presence. Even a little bit of that creates a noticeable change and improvement in my attitude, outlook, and symptoms.

hecate105 likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Vivian. Your hives breakout from work stress and confronting your boss, then getting relief from the hives through TMS belief, is a classic example of how we can recover from emotional stress.

A good friend broke out with hives on his honeymoon. He had been putting pressure on himself with worrying that he would not perform well enough to please his wife. He relaxed, the hives went away, and he pleased his wife. They have two grown daughters now.

So our mind can play tricks on us, and it is up to us to tell ourselves our pain is not structural but TMS emotional. This concept is beginning to spread worldwide. The Structured Educational Program in this web site is helping thousands of people to heel. It will heal you, too, through total belief in TMS.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Vivian

Vivian Newcomer

Thank you all for your kind words and support. This is a life long commitment.

JanAtheCPA likes this.