1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Writing about fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Oxalys, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Oxalys

Oxalys New Member

I found it really hard today to bring myself to make my list of fears. Actually writing them down, once I started, wasn't too bad, but the thought of doing it and of really acknowledging them, seemed horrible! I have a feeling I am going to need to make myself step out of a protective comfort zone time and time again to complete this course!

plum likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Oxalys,

When I read this, I think about all the fears which are rolling around "down deep" that we would rather not feel. This awareness of fear, even those we might not feel --knowing their presence and knowing we don't want to feel them-- gives us great evidence of the source of symptoms. I hope you can see this, and as you stretch out of your protective zone each time with inquiry, you get direct evidence that there is a lot down below "which does not want to be felt." This simple acknowledgement/understanding will probably take you far! (without having to do too much about any of it!)

Andy B

plum likes this.