1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

WOW! unexpected benefits of program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srton, Aug 24, 2017.

1. srton

srton Well known member

A few days ago I realized that I haven't had any seasonal allergies this year. HOLY COW!

They started mid-August 20 years ago, as I was getting ready to leave for freshman year at a very far away college. Obviously this was stressful - but most people assume that you're excited and thrilled. Even as a teenager I didn't want to admit that I was terrified and nervous about leaving family. I love being percieved as "independant" and being needy has never fit my self-perception.

I remember thinking, "I guess I have fall allergies now" and I've had them ever since. They aren't dibilitating but they are annoying and they've gotten worse as I've aged.

I'm working this program because of leg and butt pain. Many years ago, I read in one of Dr Sarno's books that allergies and skin conditions are part of TMS but those conditions are managable and have never been my focus.

Shocked that these conditions have just resolved on their own as I start to be more emotionally aware.
    THANK YOU DR SARNO and everyone in this wonderful program!

Lily Rose and Ellen like this.
  2. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

That's so neat. I too used to have terrible allergies, and when I think about it they were worse when I was struggling more in general in many areas. This year I barely notice them. Nice side effect ;)