1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Worried no change of symptoms like other people

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by PepperGirl, May 25, 2013.

1. PepperGirl

PepperGirl Peer Supporter

I recognise that maybe an element of 'perfectionism' is at play here as I am trying to fit the 'model' of TMS and perhaps other people have had this experience, but I have not experienced any moving of symptoms that Sarno explains and that so many other people on the forum seem to have too. My improvement involves lessening of symptoms at times but not a shifting of symptoms around the body at all. I have leg pain which I used to think of (and told was prior and after stupid surgery) sciatica due to herniated disc but now I feel it is muscular pain in hamstring and fits the idea of mild oxygen deprivation more so but whilst trying not to worry too much about the 'physical' and more the physiological and think I am constantly hoping for symptoms to move around my body and they aren't. Only slight thing
    is I have developed a slight bout of eczema on my face upon first starting work on TMS 2months ago, but this hasn't increased or lessened according to variations in leg pain.
    Any suggestions or similar experiences would be much appreciated!
    Thank you
    PepperGirl :)

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Pepper Girl!
    I don't think the moving of symptoms is an absolute. Some people experience it; some do not. I didn't have it with my back pain, but I certainly have with my headaches.
    No need to worry if your experience doesn't fit a particular pattern. If you've had a lessening of your pain, you're on the right track!

3. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

PepperGirl, I did not have symptoms moving around but I certainly did/do have additional symptoms now and then. Try to focus on the psychological work and not worry too much about the physical. Also, avoid calendar watching. As tempting as it is it's also deadly.

4. Birdie

Birdie Peer Supporter

Hi,
    I too have one main pain location in both feet since 1996 (not one day since then withou pain) and arm/shoulderpain since about one year. I developped additional symptomes and the minor symptoms are moving around (like one day headaches, the next day tinnitus and so on), but my pain "hot spots", the one which are really bothering me, never move around. Nevertheless: TMS!

5. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Birdie,
    Yes, I had more trouble banishing the "biggies" than the more minor pains. Congratulations on recognizing that they're TMS. That's half the battle!

6. D. R. Martin

D. R. Martin Peer Supporter

I've had one big shift of symptoms this time around--GERD going away after an endoscopy. Then the knee pain started and kept intensifying, with accumulating symptoms (back, hand/wrists). The TMS reveals itself here, but man, it is a bear, I gotta say. I am so exhausted from it.