1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Worried About Toe Pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Blair87, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Blair87

Blair87 New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a young woman who has experienced TMS symptoms throughout most of my life. Just last year, I conquered CRPS, which started after I sprained my ankle. It was a very dark time for me and all I did was focus on the pain. However, with the help of this forum and some of the members, I was able to conquer it.I have also dealt with hip pain, pelvic pain, tendonitis, vertigo, etc.

Fast forward to today, I am now experiencing some pain in my small toe. I should mention that I am a big runner and that I do have a lot of calluses on my feet. I have recently been to a podiatrist who performed a laser surgery for what he thought was a wart. I thought that after having that removed, that the pain would be gone and I could go about my life. However, it seems that the pain is exactly the same as before I had the wart removed. I feel like the pain has increased so quickly within a month's time, that I cannot help but to think TMS may be involved. It is very sensitive to even just touch. The slightest touch, and it feels extremely sore. It feels like one day I was completely fine and the next day I am left with this horrible sore toe. It was sore before and after the laser treatment, nothing has changed. I know that it is always on my mind. I am constantly aware of it and I am having a hard time accepting the pain. Honestly, I am just worried that something more may be causing this pain. I wasn't sure if a toe spur or something else could be the culprit. Does anyone know if toe spurs actually cause pain? I know that some of the books say that bone spurs can be present but don't produce pain.

If anyone has any advice or any thoughts, I would love to hear!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Blair87,

As someone who has suffered from pain in different parts of my feet, much of it before I was aware of TMS, I suggest the likelihood that this is TMS. Especially with your background with other TMS symptoms and TMS equivalents.

That said, you can't be sure until it gets better using TMS techniques, or you have more physician checkups to find/eliminate physical problems. Good luck in your investigation! And speedy healing.

Andy