1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Work Setback ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by RikR, Mar 12, 2013.

1. RikR

RikR Well known member

I am retired but our northwest winters are long and boring so I decided to get back into additional writing for magazines and newspapers about a month ago.

I was barely showing any signs of recovery and while the pressure of the work is not great it still has pressure and lots of brain work. For the past couple of weeks my symptoms are increasing and my mind is very busy on the work...even when I am not working. Yesterday I could not sit and meditate because of a very busy mind on a project I am working on.

Has any one found that going back to work set them back or taking on a project?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm not sure this is totally on point with your question, Rik, but right now, I'd rather be in California with my brain-injured brother than in Seattle doing tax returns. I saw him for just a few days at his new brain trauma clinic in Bakersfield right before mid-February, and my dizziness symptoms literally came back with a vengeance as I was waiting to board a plane to come back here and plunge into tax season. Coincidence? I don't think so!

I'm finding it really hard to concentrate. But I've had my dinner/wiki break - back to work.

Jan

3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh yes. My first bout of sciatica hit me days before starting paid work following a 16 year period caring for the family. Next week I am starting to train for a new career which will involve occasional work as and when I can accommodate it into my life. Although I have vowed to leave my current part time job by the summer, I am having cold feet, i.e. fear, about all of this. My symptoms have ramped up accordingly. Fear really impacts on my pain. I am not taking about fear of pain, just plain ole fear of anything.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

when i first went back to work rik it was rough when id get to thinking stressful thoughts
    but id already gotten the repressions out so it wasnt long of staying course and main taining
    sarnos protocol that i grew with new strength and courage
    the joy of my body healing after discharging all those negative memorys was an awesome experience