1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Which Sarno book helped you the most

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Feb 27, 2012.

?

Which one of Dr. Sarno's books helped you the most

1. Healing Back Pain

46.2%
  2. The Mindbody Prescription

30.8%
  3. The Divided Mind

23.1%
  4. Mind Over Back Pain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I tend to think that if someone is going to learn about TMS, reading one of Dr. Sarno's books is the best place to start. It seems like I gain new perspectives every time I re-read one of his books. I was a little curios as to which one of his books people found to be the most helpful. Mind Over Back Pain, Healing Back Pain, the Mindbody Prescription and the Divided Mind are all are somewhat similar, they do vary quite a bit. How would you compare and contrast the different books and how have they helped you?

Stock Trader likes this.
  2. Rinkey

Rinkey Peer Supporter

Just getting into the Forums, so I thought I'd start at the end and work my way up to the now.
    I liked Healing Back Pain alot- it was the first book I read however I really liked Divided Mind too.
    Especially the Daily Study Program in that book.

3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Mindbody Prescription was the first one I read and it helped a lot--I like that he covered so many conditions including mine (headaches, foot & leg issues). I like Divided Mind too but it felt more theoretical to me. I've listened to the audio book of Healing Back Pain and read part of the book.

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Healing Back Pain is certainly the most accessible of Dr. Sarno's books and bears careful re-reading after you've read his more theoretical works like The Mind Body Prescription and the Divided Mind. I think I'd recommend reading all three in their chronological publication sequence, but re-reading Healing Back Pain again and again seems to reenforce his main ideas.

BloodMoon likes this.