1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 17 What's most helpful?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hecate105, Jul 9, 2013.

1. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think the fact that you have to do it each day is most helpful. It gives a focus to the day - I know I have to fit it in - and give it enough time/space in the day. As I don't know what is going to come up I need to be flexible. Some days have taken much longer than others, some days have upset me so much I could not have dealt with other people afterwards! Also it keeps my mind focussed on the whole TMS thing - I have to query my thoughts all the time, constantly ensure I 'call out' pain when I feel it - then immediately STOP focussing on the pain and instead examine my emotions and feelings, then deal with them. Try to understand my negative thoughts and either replace with positive ones - or distract myself with another activity or thought process. Its a very busy programme!
    I have found that I am even dreaming TMS stuff at night - sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm feeling a symptom - or just dreaming I am! I think its because I'm so thrilled to discover the root cause of all my symptoms after so many years of suffering and searching.
    Yesterday I moved my car seat forward! It doesn't sound much - but - I had to travel with my arms right up on the steering wheel and my feet jammed on the pedals, or else my arms and feet ached enormously, I always got pain driving. Now - no pain, and it was so much more comfortable to be a reasonable distance from the wheel.

Forest and mousemom like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

It’s so wonderful that even though working through the program has been difficult, you’ve kept up with it for 17 days. It can take a tremendous amount of courage and persistence to continue, and I’m really happy for you for all the progress you’ve made!

3. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Forest!