1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 What would a life without TMS mean to me?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lz123, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Lz123

Lz123 Peer Supporter

I'd feel like a great burden would be lifted from my shoulders. As it stands, I can't do the job I want to do, I feel limited in my activities despite generally increasing them, I feel limited in jobs I can do and sometimes, but less lately, I feel worried about my future.

That said, I can't imagine my life without having some huge problem to worry over. I've always had something I've obsessed about, whether it's my looks when I was younger, to my health, finances, relationships. I can't imagine being happy and content. There always seems to be some huge, seemingly unfixable problem in my life.

I feel like I'm fairly open to TMS, but my pain just feels physical. It's very consistent. It acts as it should and I get pain when I expect it to. It's easy to just write this off as conditioning, but It doesn't feel like it.

My pain started two years ago, and I can only imagine where I'd be if not for it. I'd probably have the job I want (programmer), I'd probably have moved out from my mother and Into a different city and I'd probably just feel better about my self. I think the issue might be that, without a good job, I kinda feel like a loser. I think I have a gaping hole in my self-esteem which I tried patching from the outside - in. I feel like that's the root of the issue.

2. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Yo I feel the same way about being a loser with a crap job. Do you have RSI?

3. Lz123

Lz123 Peer Supporter

Yeah, first it was ulnar nerve pain and then on top of that I got tennis elbow..in both arms. The ulnar thing I could push through, but the elbow pain just gets too strong.