1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 What to do when the pain is gettig worse...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ania, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Ania

Ania Peer Supporter

Today is a bad day.
    After few days of getting better, being progressing, today my back is worse again, getting me down from being in hope to being depressed and to doubt.
    How to react?

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Angel, do something that makes you feel good irrespective of your pain or your doubts or your fears. Have you got a go-to playlist of music? If not, why not? Create one. It can be goofy, geeky, goth, disco, rock, anything. I have one that my little brother created for me because it reminded him of us growing up. It always makes me feel better, younger, freer. That is the vibe to go for. Anything that makes you feel like you.

And sometimes you have to cry to get there and that’s ok too.

The healing path is all about remembering who you are and gifting that back to the world. You can do this. Today is a blip, a note to self, a healing lesson. Note it. Thank it. Move on. Repeat as necessary.

Plum x

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

And to plum's always loving response, I would add: celebrate, and laugh at your fearful brain, because this is the Symptom Imperative and proof that you have TMS. This is your brain trying to reject what you are doing, by giving you more symptoms, or worse symptoms, or completely different symptoms, in the hope that you will give up and let it continue to repress the emotions that it thinks you can't handle. But you can. Play your music and love yourself for doing this work.

4. Ania

Ania Peer Supporter

Many thanks for this advice. Question "what makes me fill good?" brought me to the answer "I do not know this". So next obvious question that came up is "Why I do not know this?"... and this let me to get another bunch of hidden emotions to daily light...
    Today the days looks brighter :)

plum and JanAtheCPA like this.
  5. Shiloh6

Shiloh6 New Member

I can so relate to this... someone asked me “What do you like to do for fun?” I couldn’t answer that question...what?! I was a bit horrified! And like you I understood I was awakening “another bunch of hidden emotions “. Be encouraged. You can do this one day at a time. And remember to take a free day once in awhile when needed. No thinking about the p—-(nope, I’m not even going to say the word!) no thinking about TMS , or your emotions, or memories, or the educational program....just live free for a day.

Ania and JanAtheCPA like this.