1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 what to do about current medications?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Blindsided, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Blindsided

Blindsided New Member

I did days 1,2, and 3 in one day because I had already done alot of work using Dr. Sarno's book, The Divided Mind. I really want to get the healing process on its way! But I have a question regarding medication...since my TMS is manifesting as IBS-D, should I continue to take the medications I've been given to minimize the symptoms (they certainly don't remove the symptoms!) while I begin the healing? Until I can get my mind to stop creating the extreme tension in my gut I am afraid to go off the meds...does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations? Thanks.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This is really your call and what you are most comfortable with. For the most part, when you are just starting out it is okay to continue to take the medications. With some medications there can be side-effects if you stop taking them right away, but it doesn't really sound like that is the case with you. If you are afraid of going off of them, my recommendation would be to continue to take them until your confidence builds up.