1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

What do you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cammb33, Nov 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. cammb33

cammb33 New Member

What’s everyone’s go to method/thing they do when they feel their pain creeping back in ?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

It’s your mindset that determines how TMS behaves.

If your mindset is that TMS is insignificant and you can overcome it easily, then it does not matter if it creeps back in or not, you know in your heart without a doubt that you will conquer it.

In this Crushing Doubt interview with Dr. Ratner, I explain more.

cammb33 likes this.
  3. Bitzalel Brown

Bitzalel Brown Peer Supporter

My "go to" is to take a bit of time to observe my different sensations across my whole body. Somatic observations and as I am mindful of how sensations, feelings and even pain wash across my body like waves that come and go. This changes my defensive, fearful mindset as Fred Amir calls it to one of acceptance and feeling safe. If you want to keep in check and even "cure" TMS mindfulness is essential. Pratice it every day and not only will TMS ebb away, your life will change for the better.

FredAmir and cammb33 like this.
  4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Go and get quiet somewhere with A Sarno Book, a pen and paper. Start Listing stressors in a check list
    Family
    Friends
    Responsibilities
    commitments
    Drama

This includes stuff I think is "fine" because inevitably if I am "Fine" there is something that I really deep down am NOT fine with that got missed on the way in..... and I have used that to stay pain free since '99 and it's never failed me. Sometimes I have to do it for a couple days, sometimes it's gone immediately

cammb33 and Ellen like this.