1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

what books have you guys read for self improvement and for health recovery?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Apr 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I would like to read books for self improvement and improve my overall health. example improve stress and anxiety.

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

I recommend "The Perfect Health Diet", by Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet. They have a blog with the same title.

3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

backhand likes this.
  4. stevow7

thanks will look up this!

Sita likes this.
  5. stevow7

FredAmir likes this.
  6. Allund

Allund Peer Supporter

I like reading a lot. For example, Jon Kabat Zinn (full catastrophe living), Tara Brach (radical Acceptance), Russ Harris (the happiness trap) or Steven C Hayes (get out of your mind and into your life), Deb Dana (polivagal theory), Peter Levine ....
    Maybe I read too much

7. sheltered

sheltered Peer Supporter

If your TMS is existential/mid-life crisis/spiritual awakening based, good authors include James Hollis, Richard Rohr, Carl Jung, Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson. Jon Kabat Zinn's Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course is great if you can find a session in your area.

You mention stress and anxiety as your issues but perhaps you need to view them more as symptoms of something larger. The authors I mentioned above are not going to give you tactics on how to tackle stress. They are mainly dealing with fundamental core issues.