1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What about misaligned spine

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by wen cheng, Jul 29, 2012.

1. wen cheng

wen cheng New Member

Glad to found this site. I read a lot of successful stories and most of them are L5/S1, herniated disc or bulging discs, but I have misaligned spine which caused the back pain, I also have twisted pelvis. Do you think Dr. Sarno's approach works for me? I'm pretty sure I have TMS.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Wen Cheng and Welcome to the Peer Network,

Since we are not doctors it is hard for us to say for sure. A first step that everyone should do is to have a physician rule out any serious medical conditions. Once this is done you can go ahead with this approach without fear that you will hurt yourself. Our philosophy above all else is to do no harm.

With that said, TMS can be a extremely wide number of different symptoms. Also, a lot of these spinal abnormalities are harmless, and what Dr. Sarno called the Grey hair of the spine, meaning that while an MRI will show something they are, like grey hair, harmless. A lot of times doctors will suggest that something like a misaligned spine or herniated disc is causing a person's pain, just because they don't know what else it could be. Of course it is usually TMS, but most physicians just don't know about. There are a lot of people who recovered who had a wide variety of spinal abnormalities that showed up on an MRI. The first step to do is to understand that these issues are not the cause of chronic pain.

Dr. Sarno's approach will work for anyone who eradicts doubt and is willing to gain the knowledge necessary to recover. Make a list of all of stresses (past and present) in your life and begin to explore the emotions you may have behind them. Just because something shows up on an MRI doesn't necessarily mean you do not have TMS. If you root out your doubts and fully accept the diagnosis you will recover.

3. wen cheng

wen cheng New Member

Thanks, my doctor said my muscle is too tight and that's the main reason. I guess I need to get rid of the fear first and slowly get back to my daily routine.

4. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Wen Cheng! I don't have much to add to what Forest said, just wanted to say hello :)

5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Fear of activity and tight, cramped muscles, right? If the medical doctor diagnoses that, it's probably pretty safe to say what you have is TMS barring any other conditions. But it sounds like your doctor has already ruled those out.

Forest likes this.
  6. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi, I'm not so sure a misaligned spine is the cause of pain. If a herniated disc doesn't, why would a misaligned spine cause pain? Why not try the TMS approach?

7. Susan

Susan Peer Supporter

Hi,

I have been told for years that tight muscles have "torqued" my pelvis. I have no spinal abnormality of note. I have been working the TMS program and reading and retreading Sarno's books for five weeks and getting some relief and vanquishing fear. Once you buy the buy the diagnosis, you are on your way to healing and relief.

Great to have you join us.

Susan

8. crimslock

crimslock Peer Supporter

Hi,

I was also told " I have misaligned spine which caused the back pain, I also have twisted pelvis." by doctors, massage therapist and acupuncture therapist. It was all not true and is not the cause of my back pain. TMS is my cause... I have been doing TMS therapy for a few months and have greatly improved!!!

All the best Wen Cheng,

MorComm likes this.