1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Welcome to Our New TMS Forum

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hiya and Welcome to the Wiki

The wiki's leadership team is very excited that you have decided to check out our brand new forum! You can help us test it out and launch it by making an account and posting in it. If you have any questions we would love to answer them.

Best,

Forest

2. brianleejackson

brianleejackson Peer Supporter

Awesome, glad to see you went with Xenforo :)

3. Chuck

Chuck Peer Supporter

I am also really excited about this new forum. The following video is a brief introduction on how to use some of its features, and what to do after you create an account. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

4. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

If you're working on the Stuctured Educational Program - please post your thoughts under that heading. Simply start a new thread, and share your post. If you have questions, please ask them in your post.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Rinkey

Rinkey Peer Supporter

Thanks for the video Chuck! I'll check it out.
    This new forum software is awesome and lightening fast! Thanks a million Forest!!

6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm loving it - it's fast, friendly, and easy to view and use. A great choice!

7. Max

Max Peer Supporter

Hi, and congratulations on the new forum which is a big step forward over the previous version. Well done. I will draw something to your attention that I did find a little confusing on first seeing the forum, and please accept this as positive feedback. :) I found the title a little misleading .........
    "ppd/tms recovery forum in honor of dr john sarno"
    Upon seeing that I initially thought it was a tribute forum to Dr Sarno, rather than the main forum? I,m not sure if it's just me, or have others seen in that way too? Would it be better worded: PPD/TMS Recovery forum ( In honour of Dr John Sarno).
    That said, thank you for the fantastic work that you are all doing, and good luck with the new site.
    Regards, Max

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  8. Forest

Hiya Max and Welcome to our new forum,

I am stoked that you like it. It is always great to hear how new users interpret the site. I thought your suggestion made sense, so I went ahead and made the change to PPD/TMS Recovery Forum (in honor of Dr John Sarno). I couldn't put a period after Dr bc of a character limit. What do other people think of this change?

Personally, I like having the forum dedicated to Dr. Sarno because without him we probably wouldn't be here. Max's point made sense, and I always want to make sure the site is user friendly and intuitive so I went ahead and made the little change.

Max - thanks for posting about this.

Forest

9. Max

Max Peer Supporter

Hi Forest, thank you for the welcome and glad you appreciated the title change suggestion. Please do keep up the good work, this site goes from strength to strength.

Forest and Beach-Girl like this.
  10. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for bringing this up, Max, I agree with you!

11. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

I like the new suggestion also! Thanks for making it!

12. pamela sciurba

pamela sciurba New Member

Can anyone PLEASE, PLEASE help me find a certified proffessional who practices these methods?? I just ordered Dr. Sarnos Book. I had bought and listened to his latest audiobook. I agree with all he said but need help getting to my subconcious! I live in St. Charles Illinois. I have had chronic back AND body pain since 2000. Ive been told, Fibromyalgia, Pelvic Floor syndrom, Piri formis syndrom and on and on. I too have spent close to 30,000.00 in this time due to trying EVERYTHING!!! Nerve blocks, Burning of the nerves, epidurals, Prolotherapy, accupuncture, allergy stuff, and on and on.....IM SOO
    DAM TIRED OF BEING SICK, IN PAIN and TIRED!!! i get my hopes up about everything I try only to be let down....again....(( Im sorry))...just a bad day.
    Thank you tho and I hope someone can help!

13. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Hi Pamela,

Welcome. No need to apologize, we've all had those days!

I'm not sure if either of these people are near you, but it looks like there is a TMS doctor and a TMS therapist in Illinois: http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist#Illinois

Or, if that's too far for you, you could see your pcp to rule out any serious conditions and then work your way through the Dr. Sarno books and some of the materials on here.

Hope to see you around here.

:) Veronica

14. Forest

Check out the link veronica posted. Dr. John Stracks is located in Chicago and is really good. If anyone is ever having trouble processing the emotions that come up during TMS then seeing a practitioner can be helpful.

One key to recovery is to finding balance. Being in pain can be stressful and frustrating, which it sounds like you are experiencing. I have always found that this happens when I focus too much on my symptoms and not on the psychological components of TMS. When we focus on our symptoms we can become stressed and our anxiety/fear increase. This only feeds to the pain cycle. There is nothing to fear with TMS, because it is not a structural issue. Anyone can recover from TMS by educating themselves about what's going on and focus their energy on their emotions.

Livvygurl likes this.
  15. Tamo

Tamo New Member

Hi all . My name is Tom and a brand new member of your lovely forum . I read The divided mind twice and Mindbody prescription and as I have heard it said so many times " it all make sense " . I believe 100% I have TMS due to the fact that my symptoms move around and change IE I might have a sore right thigh muscle for 3 days then it could suddenly disappear and I might wake up with a painful left arm or something , its so so weird . I won,t go into too much detail in this introduction except to say I have suffered from general anxiety disorder and panic for most of my adult life and I never knew why but I think the answer becoming more apparent since discovering these books and this site . I am very exited and optomistic for the future .

Thank you

16. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Good Morning Tom:

Welcome to the forum. We hope that here, you can continue the journey many of us started by reading Dr. Sarno. If you look at other threads, you'll see other names of authors who have helped many. There is also a Structured Educational Program on the TMS wiki that you might find really beneficial. I did.

Please post with any questions or comments you have, we're here as a community to help each other to heal.

Again - welcome and may there be many pain free days ahead.

BG

17. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Tom :)

18. Sandra Nick

Sandra Nick New Member

Hi all.

I'm new here.. this forum is awesome.!

Cheers :cool:

19. Forest

I'm glad to hear you like it. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask

Best