1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Weird symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by florinp7487, Aug 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. florinp7487

florinp7487 Newcomer

Hello everyone! I.m new here. From 5 months ago I have some weird symptoms that are driving me crazy...first of all it all started with some stabs in the nose and ears, i was thinking that i.m developping trigeminal neuralgia...after a few days, my right face bacame numb for 2 hours, then my right arm became numb and painful for a few hours too...then for 2 weeks i had a painful spot in right side of chest...then i had severe pain for 3 days of the right ear and then for 2 days at the left one. Right now i have pain on clavicule muscles, upper back pain, lumbar spine...one day i noticed that my lumbar spine bone got an inflamation. I had extreme nerve pain in both hands and now starting from 2 weeks ago i have a pain that comes and goes at the spline region...i.m depressed as i.m 32 years old all of a sudden this happened to me...no history of other health conditions or anxiety or severe depression...just fatigue and stress that was work related...i had blood test done, and everything is ok, i had 2 mri.. one of the brain and it looks good and one cervical that shows 2 annular tears... One strange moment was 3 days ago when all of my body started to feel pain...i mean muscular pain...i was devasted...my gp is telling me that this is psichosomtic, while other doctors are telling me that i should make automimmune tests as it looks like lupus or many other diseases... I must say that except of few nights, I can sleep well. I had about 3-4 episodes of extreme nerve pain that i felt like a wave and widespread pain on my upper back going up on half of the face....other times i had extreme pain involving the hands...nerve pain. Have any of you had some kind of experience? Could it be lyme disease? Thank you!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @florinp7487 , and welcome.

If you do a keyword search on Lyme disease and click on the results for "our forum only" you'll discover that we here think that Lyme is just another attempt of certain "faddist" medical practitioners to attempt to lay blame on a condition that has nothing to do with your symptoms - at a very high financial cost and an even worse health cost, due to the levels of antibiotics ingested for a long time. Don't go there!

You've been checked out enough by traditional practitioners, now it's time to go down a different path, one which costs almost nothing (I actually downloaded my first Dr. Sarno book from the library as an e-book) and which is not invasive in any way, shape, or form. It DOES require a totally different way of thinking, and an open mind.

Read one of Dr. Sarno's books (I recommend either The MindBody Prescription or his last one, The Divided Mind) and start doing our free Structured Educational Program before going down any more medical black holes.

Good luck!

3. Sammie

Sammie Peer Supporter

I agree with JanAtheCPA. I would not have enough room on this forum to write the “weird “ symptoms I have had since being diagnosed with MBS from doctor! Sometimes I actually thought I was going to die! So hang in there,it can only get better from here!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. florinp7487

florinp7487 Newcomer

Last night for the first time I had awfull pain in my feet.....i could not drive... Yesterday I went to a pain clinic and the doctor told me that it is impossible that a person to have so many symptoms of pain and he put me on amytriptiline...he told me about some ketamine infusions that some persons are doing at his clinic weekly. He told me that it is a problem of how i feel the pain...and this takes a long time to heal. He told ma that the best thing I can do is to search for metal health care provider to have some sessions of talk therapy.

5. Sammie

Sammie Peer Supporter

In my experience of doctors, and trust me, there have been a few1:(! I would be careful of medication until you are sure what you are dealing with. Pain clinics love to give out meds, especially if they don’t have a clue what’s going on. A problem of how you feel pain could very likely be MBS? Mental health care provider...MBS?

If possible try and see a MBS doctor. You can do a search and see where they are located and see the one closest to you.

I hope this helps!:)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That's what we say here, too. However, the goal of people on this forum is to stay away from, or to stop taking, antidepressants (along with other medications). Sammi gave you good advice.

@florinp7487 , you have not mentioned TMS at all. Do you understand what this forum is for?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Sammie likes this.
  7. Sammie

Sammie Peer Supporter

My history of pain is extensive. Lots of it. Multiple symptoms daily! If I thought it would help I would live at the doctors! I found out the hard way...it won’t! I live with lots of fear and anxiety from all the things doctors have said and did. I’m not saying they can’t and do save lives, I’M just saying after your efforts are exhausted, try and see a MBS doctor.

And as JanAtheCPA stated this forum is to help your belief in MBS!

It sounds like you may have some fear going on? If that is the case...you are talking to the choir! I totally get it, normal response.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  8. Sammie

Sammie Peer Supporter

I hope I didn’t hit a unlike to JanAtheCPA, I apologize if I did, I meant to hit like. Be patient, very new to the forum. I really like your posts!dancea

JanAtheCPA likes this.