1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Week 0

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dimpy, May 14, 2018.

1. Dimpy

Dimpy Newcomer

Hi there,

This is my first day creating an account thanks to someone I found on Instagram who suggested this forum to me! I would not have known about it otherwise!

Currently I would say I’m pre Week 0 stage as I have just finished the Healing Back Pain book by John Sarno. Many things are coming to my mind which I wish to speak to my therapist about this evening as I have already been trying to learn more about me. But now navigating the talk to the sub-conscious and discussing repressed emotions will be interesting.

I just wanted to post here to say hi and wanted some tips from you about what to expect, the way you felt just before starting the Structured Educational Program and just what I should be aware of at this stage as I really try to get to grips with the fact that what I have been experiencing for the last 4 years cannot be explained in any other way but TMS. It’s not that I can’t/won’t believe it, it’s just that it’s overwhelming to know there could be a solution to end this misery or at least control it and whether it is actually suitable for me.

Thanks in advance!

Dimpy x

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the forum Dimpy. I guess the biggest thing I remember (it was a long time ago) was a very real sense of hope. At this point I'd suggest you embrace the whole journey with an open heart and open mind. It may feel overwhelming at times but you are always in control and always learning. Quite often the learning will take you into unexpected places and sometimes it will throw you a curve. This is all ok and there are people here who can help you through.

It's interesting that you are in therapy already. Hopefully it will dovetail beautifully with your TMS healing.

Plum x

3. Dimpy

Dimpy Newcomer

Hi Plum,

Thank you for the welcome and words of encouragement. I'm so glad to have found a site for such support!

X