1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

We have surpassed 100,000 posts!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Oct 12, 2018.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Dear members of the TMSwiki community,

Sometime in the last few days, the number of posts on our forum passed the 100,000 mark. 100,000!!! Wow, people. That's a lot of community communication, and an awesome achievement. In reality, it's more than that, if you count the posts that were made on the old platform, before we moved to the Wikimedia platform early in 2012!

@MatthewNJ , our fearless Saturday Chat administrator, says that some of the earliest emails he has about the wiki date from 2009 - which is when @Forest decided to take a leap of faith and start TMSWiki.org.

I would like to invite everyone to post a memory about the wiki and/or the forum. Mine is already in my profile, and I'm excited to hear how others found us.

My thanks to member-since-2013 (and Beloved Grand Eagle) @Gigalos for pointing out the approaching milestone, and who has this to say:

Although there are many members worth mentioning that made this milestone possible, we want to celebrate it not by thanking anyone in particular but rather want to thank each and every member for their presence on this forum. Whether it is members seeking for help and answers, offering words of support and hope, sharing experiences and advice, stirring up discussions or making people smile or cry, the accumulating interaction is what creates the energy for the important beacon of light that this forum serves to be. A beacon to see for the growing group of suffering people that are still unaware about the mindbody interaction, and one that becomes brighter and more visible with every new visitor, member and message that gets posted.
    I love that, and I love everyone who is a part of this amazing community.

~Jan

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Jan, thank you so much for posting this!

This will indeed be one of my finer memories of the forum. My goal all along has been to empower others to tell their stories and to help each other. It makes me so very happy to see the community running so well on it's own, with a group of great people, just here to help others out.

Another memory was choosing the logo. I wanted something that indicated regular people helping regular people all across the world. It's exciting to see the community having achieved that!

On a side note, you got the date right, Jan. For the historical record, here is the first incarnation of our site:
    http://bluwiki.com/go/TMS:Main_Page (TMS - BluWiki - 2018 Bluwiki)
    The planning process started in December of 2008.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

Thanks Jan, Forest, Gigalos, and MathewNJ (so far).

Two things. First the memory. I am out in the desert riding my bike, contemplating that my foot pain may be TMS, while listening to Alan Gordon work with a client on a call-in demo education piece which later was used as part of his recordings on his first program. I am so gratified that his approach ---working with the Inner Bully, helping someone be real with what is up for them, helping them feel their reality-- is exactly what I already knew how to do. I realized I had the skills to get better! "I can do this!" I thought. And not have surgery, and climb mountains again, maybe. Well it wasn't maybe!

Thank you Forest for your tireless effort, and your vision to "give back." This inspires me to give, just as I have seen so many do over the years. How nice it is to be of service!

Which brings me to Second: How awed I am as new people join, and simply pick up the loving task at hand and begin to post responses and supportive vibes to others who are asking. It is so nice to be part of an organic deepening for so many who have arrived here, including me!There is something that touches me deeply about not having to pull the weight by myself, and instead watch magic happen.

The TMS community, at large is a generous, heartfelt group, including most of the practitioners. I really feel the generosity myself, and feel this Forum and Wiki is an important part of how I view my place in the world. Thank you all for the support to be more of who I am.

Andy B

4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

This is sacred work. I have long referred to this place as a sanctuary and as the years go by I see it becoming more so. All those years ago I quietly watched as this community was dreamt into being (not being quite sure what this whole TMS malarkey was really about). In the time between then and now clarity has borne fruit and I know deep into my bones that TMS healing is entirely about understanding and not faith, although in the beginning faith gets you through.

The greatest gift of this place has been the patient nurturing of the knowledge and shared experience needed to foster such understanding. It's been a privilege to be a part of this transformation, as one healing at a time, one life at a time is changed.

I love how @Andy B describes this as an organic deepening for this is how this paradigm-shift will grow, flourish and sustain. In this endeavour we are all gardeners of the soul.

I'm delighted to see this milestone reached, pleased as punch to be a Beloved Grand Eagle and awed by the simple and most beautiful acts of kindness that happen here every day. May this generosity and friendship prevail.

Blessings and much love to you all,

Plum xxx

5. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

This place is a life saver for me! The combination of empathy and knowledge I think is unique! You all are keeping me on the track .. and I try to do the same with you :)
    Bless you!

Gigalos, JanAtheCPA, plum and 2 others like this.
  6. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Thank you all (shout out to Forest) for getting this going and keeping it running for so many years!

7. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Two memories that imo capture the potential of the TMSWiki and its community...

My favorite memory is not on this forum weirdly, but back in 2013 on the good old TMSHelp forum where I first learned about TMS. It was kind of a lucky accident actually, because I intended to do a search on MS symptoms and misspelled it with a T in front. Somehow my interest was raised and although still wary, I made my first investigative post. I was warmly welcomed by Plum and SteveO among others, who each in their own style convinced me to investigate further and read Sarno. I did and finally things started to make sense to me; it was a true life changing moment to get those first responses.

Another one that deserves mentioning is the release of the documentary 'All the Rage - saved by Sarno', that I am sure was sponsored by many members of this forum and received network support. To top it off, it also contains the moving scene in which the 'Thank you dr. Sarno' book is presented to him and his wife.

cheers to all! :)

MindBodyPT, BloodMoon, Lizzy and 2 others like this.
  8. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

It is amazing how huge this community has become and how long the site has been in existence now. My early memory of my involvement was that after I healed from reading a book(!) I sought community online. I so much wanted to scream from the rooftops about the MindBody connection and be heard.

I quickly found the TMS help forum in 2007 and about a year later came upon a post by Forest (http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5326 (TMSHelp Forum - Hi and TMS Wiki)) who set out his vision for the TMSWiki which was on the wetpaint platform at the time. I went over there and joined in the conversation. When the need came to migrate from wetpaint platform to something new (the current one) I volunteered to help. And although I remember Forest doing most of the heavy lifting from the backend perspective I remember many of us cleaning up pages and helping to shape what is now the current Wiki and forum. My part was small in the whole scheme of things, but I feel very happy that the forum and wiki are thriving. Here's to another 100K posts and beyond and that some day, the entire world will know about TMS.

9. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Forum member veterans and rookies,

I'm feeling sentimental reading these posts. It is an encouraging reminder that our veterans were once overwhelmed by the physical symptoms as well as the emotional toll that is TMS and equivalents. And now they soar! And help others to find the updraft so that they too can soar and stop struggling. Awesome.

Lizzy