1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Vocal Fatigue

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Viridian, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Viridian

Viridian Peer Supporter

Hello all, wishing you all the best and thank you for your amazing support and advice.

So I’ve recently had a lot of success in eliminating many of my TMS symptoms such as chronic pain, RSI, Anxiety, IBS, Hyperacusis etc but something lingers.

I used to be a professional singer and had bad experiences where I lost my voice on the road, in fact keeping was a daily battle and my number one priority in life.

For some mad reason I hadn’t even considered this could be TMS, but recently I’ve found that my voice gradually tightens up after singing for 20-30mins, then I can hardly talk.

It’s been a really upsetting and worrying thing in my life and I always just assumed it was down to bad technique (though I’m trained myself and have even been a part time vocal coach for many years!).

Does anyone else have experience of this vocal fatigue issue?

I’m wondering how to approach this mentally and what processes could begin to heal this affliction? I can’t think of anything better than having my full voice back.

It’s a hard one to approach as healing RSI basically involved ignoring the pain and not letting it affect my mood, but as this only occurs during singing and it’s a physical activity, how can I not let it preoccupy me during that activity?

Many thanks and much love,

Viridian x