1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Victim or Victory...hopefully the latter

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by alicemae1, Aug 15, 2015.

1. alicemae1

alicemae1 New Member

Headaches since age 25...every possible practitioner seen. Knee pain since 2000. Joint pain recently in fingers. Recent Othopedic exam by surgeon x-rays indicate knees are in good shape. Had 5 years doing talk therapy with student practitioners. Interested and hopeful.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, alicemae. You got a clean bill of health from the ortho exam, so you can now believe 100 percent that your symptoms are from TMS, from repressed emotions and/or a perfectionist and "goodist" personality. Do some journaling to discover what those area.

You've come to the right place to heal. This is an incredibly caring community of people and we learn from each other.

I healed from severe back pain through TMS journaling into childhood emotional stresses. I still get occasional headaches but figure they're from present financial problems, which I think most of us have. I try to live in the present, practice deep breathing, and not worry about next month.

You might like this recent post about how a woman healed with TMS knowledge.

nowtimecoach Well known member
    New

Oh its been so long since I've visited all of you wonderful people - the healed and the healing folks. My life is forever changed as a result of this forum, the books that were suggested, read and discussed and the opportunities to receive support from so many people on the TMS recovery path.

Am I 100% recovered? Not quite but when I have a flare up, its usually been a situation or circumstance that is extremely stressful. Usually a feeling of being trapped and out of control. It depends upon my acceptance of what is and a surrender to self-care that predicates how long the flare up will last. I've had a few instances in the last 2 months as my partner and I decided to sell her house and move to Tucson.

So many changes, deadlines, pressure and lots of "I don't know!" brought up a few bouts. But they rarely last more than a day or two. And because I practiced what everyone suggests on this forum, I always knew what to do and I didn't ruminate or worry that it was going to last long.

I am so eternally grateful to all of you. I am grateful to everyone who has written a book that gives us the solution, the hope and hammers in the fact that we have control over TMS. To all of you in pain today, I promise that you will get better if you keep accepting the psychological component to all of this. I remind myself if I have a flare up that I'm vulnerable to old habits. That vulnerability leaves me open for my brain to pop up its old directive to send pain to my back. Its just an old outdated mechanism of protection that still does not serve me very well.

I hope you read this as a message of hope. Never stop believing that you are going get better! Stay close to the wonderful people on this forum. Read the books. Do the work and you'll be rewarded with a pain free life. For me, I got the bigger bonus of a greater self-awareness, of patterns that I was blind to and a sense of empowerment. All this because of TMS. So it ended up being a gift. Of course, I would NOT be able to say this so cavalierly if I was still in pain 24/7!!![​IMG][​IMG]

Grateful17 likes this.
  3. alicemae1

alicemae1 New Member

Thank you for your reply. Remains to be seen what characteristics are coming into play that cause me pain and I will have to adjust to this apparently successful method of self healing. I was at the beach today with family and while walking in to the ocean and playing in it, totally forgot I had any pain at all with the excitement. I just happened to notice simply because of reading these threads this morning. I have been in a very "willing to believe because I am desperate" state of mind today. So. thanks again.

Forest likes this.