1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Vibrating muscles

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ashcatash, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ashcatash

ashcatash New Member

Could vibrating back muscles be from TMS?

My muscles shake so strongly sometimes (like spasms) that other people notice it and comment. It causes sciatica and pain to go all the way down my leg. My regular doctor said this wasn't likely and he doesn't know what's wrong with me except my back is probably permanently injured.

But I told him my muscles shake and he said "They can't shake by themselves". I think it's TMS. I think my pain is, too. And my sciatica, caused directly from the muscle spasms.

As soon as the muscles calm down (usually about 6 or 7 hours later) the sciatic pain stops too.

Please advise. I cried for 2 hours last night before they calmed down. Went to the doc today and he found nothing wrong. He said my back was just "born bad"...

2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Muscle spasms are a symptom of TMS. I haven't experience that myself, but I have heard many other people experiencing it. I did a quick search on our Wiki search engine for the word "spasm" and found a lot of results. Why don't you read through some of that to give you a reality check on this. Here's a link you can click Search Results

The fact is that doctors that don't know about TMS will give you a nocebo. They'll say you're back is bad, when in fact it isn't. And you will go on with the false belief.

I encourage you to continue to investigate TMS and get to understand how many people have gotten better through a mindbody approach to chronic pain. I myself suffered from back pain for 20+ years so I know what I'm talking about! :)

Jilly likes this.
  3. trypp

trypp Peer Supporter

In my opinion, absolutely.

4. Murphy

Murphy Peer Supporter

I have noticed that over the past several months, I have experienced what I would call muscle twitches. They have continued to become more pronounced. From my face to my feet. Not painful, but distracting, which is exactly the aim of your unconscious mind. Some are quite tiny and some are noticeable. It almost feels like what I would describe as a "popping" sensation in my muscles. I work at a computer all day and because I am still, I do seem to notice them. I will shift and move but they continue in my legs mostly, but also my arms and shoulders. I am trying to ignore this and realize that it is almost certainly the syndrome. It can be difficult though. Good luck to you. I am trying to remind myself that it is allowing me to do self exploration and root out the emotions causing my twitching.