1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 22 Very Excited

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stella, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

I have had so many positive experience the last few days. With my pain I feel like a pinball machine. I light up one place then it moves to another place. Sometimes it is in the bottom of my foot, then my butt, then my left knee, then my abdomen. It is exciting and amazing. Plus the pain is declining.

But I have more amazing stuff. I had briefly mentioned to parents a month or so ago that I had found out a lot of my pain was related to never grieving for my baby brother after he died. My Mother and I looked at pictures that had been hidden away for years.

So Thursday morning my Dad calls saying my Mother was sick all night. I asked to speak to her. She said she threw-up all night long. Her leg and foot cramps were horrible. She had tingling all over her body. I intermediately felt guilty and very responsible because I had brought up the death of my baby brother. That day was the date of his birthday.!!!!!! I told my Mother I felt so bad about bringing it up Blah, Blah, blah.

I hung up thinking I am not going to blame myself and I am going to see this as a positive sign. I am not responsible for how they feel. I went to their apartment, talked with them, and told my Mother all her symptoms were related to his death. I told her she was absolutely fine.

And I was TERRIFIC! I feel like I have turned a corner. I still feel like a pinball machines but the lights are now on low..... Yeah.

I started reading Dr. David Clarke's book "They can't find anything wrong." It is terrific and I think will be very helpful. I had to drop a line and let you know. Sandy

veronica73, Enrique and Susan like this.
  2. tarala

tarala Well known member

That is so exciting SandyRae. Your commitment and enthusiasm are contagious!
    Thanks, Terry

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

SandyRae that posting was great. You did the right thing. Your mother will recover and it was very helpful for you.

TMS is amazing. I had stabbing back pain a little while ago, swore at my subconscious that it was from repressed emotions
    and the pain went away.

4. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

5. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Thanks, Stella. Pinballing pain is, for me, one of the most direct proofs that the pain's source is in my brain. My headaches do that a lot.
    Today's suggestion was to share what we liked best about this program. I think the community and the resources are amazing!!
    I first read Sarno's book Healing Back Pain in 1996 or 97. Back then, there were very few reources. Now, there's an online program and a community of people who "get it!" I can write that I'm having trouble with something, and then I receive helpful responses.
    Life is good!

Stella and gailnyc like this.